[SOLVED] WIFI - ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4

May 9, 2020
So it looks like I need an m.2 key e to get wifi to my build, then add in an antenna/cables to connect it. Not sure how I need to do that.

If I simply install a PCIe wifi adapter to my build will I be able to access the internet or is it essential that I have an m.2 key e to be able to use the internet on a non-hard wired connection?

my cpu is an ryzen 7 3700x, not sure if that makes a difference

Last edited:
Solution
So it looks like I need an m.2 key e to get wifi to my build, then add in an antenna/cables to connect it. Not sure how I need to do that.

If I simply install a PCIe wifi adapter to my build will I be able to access the internet or is it essential that I have an m.2 key e to be able to use the internet on a non-hard wired connection?

Yes, you can put any PCIe WiFi card in PCIe slot and it will work. PCIe cards have antenna connector(s) at back of card and case while M.2 cards have internal cable(s) for antenna to connect to case and than antenna to it. PCIe is simpler to install.

Yes, you can put any PCIe WiFi card in PCIe slot and it will work. PCIe cards have antenna connector(s) at back of card and case while M.2 cards have internal cable(s) for antenna to connect to case and than antenna to it. PCIe is simpler to install.

Solution