[SOLVED] WiFi Bridge over two short distance buildings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 17, 2019
Hi,

So Im trying to connect my friend's main house and his barn to his wifi network and I need some help deciding on what to do or maybe a solution that I did not think of. Here are the details.

The distance between the barn and the house is roughly 50-100 feet. The area of the barn and pool that he would want covered is roughly a 750 sq ft. With the main are being about 500 sq ft. He has a wood heavy main house that has google wifi mesh network set up within. The google wifi mesh network is set as a double NAT unfortunately but they haven't had any issues with that since most heavy internet usage they do is use hulu hehe. He would like to connect his google wifi mesh network to his barn. I was thinking about chaining a bridge wifi router off of one of google wifi pods to another router in the barn and continuing that same wifi connection there.

I've never set up bridge network before and even though it seems easy, i'm not sure about the quirks of is such as: am I able to chain it off of google wifi mesh? If I do chain it off, am I able to continue that same network on the other side? Can I order more wifi pods to set up seperate mesh under same network in the barn area/pool area that he has outside of the barn?

I'll include a very rough paint sketch of the area so you can see what im thinking of and possibly give me a better solution. The measurements there are also rough estimates.

Very Rough Paint Sketch

Thank you for any suggestions,

Aug 17, 2019
Just to update anyone who might be keeping eyes on this. Talked to google wifi support. they said this would work. Just so yall know how Im planning on doing this.

Modem -> Primary Mesh google wifi pod -> spread to 2 other mesh pods in the main building -> using access port on one of pods, install bridge only router -> connect to other bridge only router in barn -> connect another pod via ethernet cable and possibly expand more if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.