[SOLVED] Wifi but no Internet

Jan 9, 2021
I have a MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon Wifi. I had an issue earlier this week where it would connect to wifi fine, but no longer to internet. A quick fix off google solved it and I thought I was good to go, it came back and nothing not even a fresh Windows install fixed it.

Solution
I’ve tried all of that. And yes I’m logged in, I can connect to the Wi-Fi network, I just don’t receive internet. Or when I do it doesn’t do anything but load until it disconnects again. I’m 95% sure it’s faulty hardware at this point.
well...USB wifi adapters, while not the fastest, are cheap (I saw one for $10 US on Walmart). So you can try one just to see if you're suspicions are right. Then pop for a more expensive, but fast and full-featured, WiFi adapter card. Be sure to disable the on-board WiFi in BIOS when you do.
it still just tells me “Wi-Fi doesn’t have a valid IP config” and says problem isn’t solved. I’m beginning to think this is hardware not software
It would get that if it's not talking to the router or DNS server.

You might start by opening up Device Manager, findin the WiFi device under Network Adapters, right click on it and then uninstall that device. Don't just disable it, uninstall it. Then restart; Windows will find it and re-install drivers for the device and configure it again.

BTW and maybe too obvious: have you logged onto your WiFi router? you'll need the WiFi password, of course.

Jan 9, 2021
I’ve tried all of that. And yes I’m logged in, I can connect to the Wi-Fi network, I just don’t receive internet. Or when I do it doesn’t do anything but load until it disconnects again. I’m 95% sure it’s faulty hardware at this point.

well...USB wifi adapters, while not the fastest, are cheap (I saw one for $10 US on Walmart). So you can try one just to see if you're suspicions are right. Then pop for a more expensive, but fast and full-featured, WiFi adapter card. Be sure to disable the on-board WiFi in BIOS when you do.

Solution