Wifi Cable Split

abracadadaniel

Prominent
Dec 15, 2017
I've got wifi and cable connection, WiFi is unlimited but slow, cable is fast (huawei) but limited data. Can i use both at the same time and somehow split the usage? (e.g. download with wifi, and watch through cable at the same time)

Solution
On a Windows PC, you could use separate network adapters for different Internet sources, and change the metric from automatic to something else, or bind certain services to certain network adapters. But it's not clear which ISPs you have, since people generally don't use a Wi-Fi hotspot as a WAN source, and Huawei is a manufacturer rather than a cable modem ISP, unless I'm mistaken.

vmfantom

Notable
Nov 28, 2017
On a Windows PC, you could use separate network adapters for different Internet sources, and change the metric from automatic to something else, or bind certain services to certain network adapters. But it's not clear which ISPs you have, since people generally don't use a Wi-Fi hotspot as a WAN source, and Huawei is a manufacturer rather than a cable modem ISP, unless I'm mistaken.

Solution