[SOLVED] Wifi Card can’t connect to 5 GHz wifi anymore

Jun 27, 2021
My wifi card was working fine. Then today it randomly won’t connect to my 5 GHz wifi it can see the network but it connect to it any help would be great

Solution
My wifi card was working fine. Then today it randomly won’t connect to my 5 GHz wifi it can see the network but it connect to it any help would be great
One possibility is that the router has chosen a frequency that is incompatible with your adapter. Allowed channels vary by country. MANUALLY set your router's 5GHZ WIFI to a channel number less than 50. That will ensure you are on an allowed channel.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Make and model wireless network adapter?

Make and model router (or modem/router if combined)?

What error message is received when connection attempts fail?

Double check that only one network adapter is enabled. In your case only the wireless adapter should be enabled. Any wired network adapter should be disabled.

Manually download the applicable wireless network adapter's drivers via the manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure as applicable for your network.

Run "ipconfig /all'' (without quotes) via the Command Prompt. Post the results.

kanewolf

Titan
One possibility is that the router has chosen a frequency that is incompatible with your adapter. Allowed channels vary by country. MANUALLY set your router's 5GHZ WIFI to a channel number less than 50. That will ensure you are on an allowed channel.

Solution