Wifi card not installing.. half way..

Caleb D

Reputable
Jun 4, 2015
Trying to install a wifi card into my mothers old pc so I can have the router in my room, but I am having trouble installing such card. First off, I literally have it HALF WAY installed but the way the case is, its simply wont fit. So my question is, how do I get this thing to fit?! What am I doing wrong? I am afraid if I keep forcing it in like this somethings going to break.. Here are some pictures:

20150807_151851.jpg

20150807_151908.jpg

Solution
It looks like you have a PCI card locking bracket. Which holds all cards in, instead of each one having a screw.
In the first picture directly below the power supply cord there is a screw that removes the PCI card bracket.
The bracket is just above the Yellow sticker with an exclamation in a triangle.
Remove the screw that holds it. remove the bracket. Install card. Reinstall bracket and screw.

Sakata

Reputable
Aug 7, 2015
Firstly double then triple check everything and just think about how it should go in. (Visualize it, I know it sounds hokey but it works for me at least.) Aside from that there might be some kind of greater problem that I can't think of ( like size difference between new cards and old PC slots) also can you get a picture of where the card meets the panel?

It looks like you have a PCI card locking bracket. Which holds all cards in, instead of each one having a screw.
In the first picture directly below the power supply cord there is a screw that removes the PCI card bracket.
The bracket is just above the Yellow sticker with an exclamation in a triangle.
Remove the screw that holds it. remove the bracket. Install card. Reinstall bracket and screw.

Solution