WiFi connection indicating Internet access but not able to load Google or any other webpage.

io324

Reputable
Aug 30, 2014
I get 4/5 bars of WiFi connection in my bedroom which is 15ft away from my router and modem and my laptop indicates that it has Internet access, yet when I try loading Google my computer isn't able to load the page. If I get closer to the router/modem my WiFi connection goes to 5/5 bars and I do get internet connectivity. There are two somewhat thick walls in between. Any idea on why I can't load any webpages? How to solve it? Would a WiFi enhancer solve the issue?? Thanks

Solution
If you get 4 out of 5 bars it sounds like that is a good signal. I think you are probably getting interference in the room where you can't load pages. On your wireless router set the channel to either 1, 6, or 11. Try each one to see if one is better than the others.
If you get 4 out of 5 bars it sounds like that is a good signal. I think you are probably getting interference in the room where you can't load pages. On your wireless router set the channel to either 1, 6, or 11. Try each one to see if one is better than the others.

Solution