Question WiFi cuts out when opening context menus and file explorer

bitz.leon

Prominent
Mar 26, 2018
So it's a bit of a weird one.

Every time I right click on an icon or try to open file explorer, my wifi disconnects.

For example, if I try to right click on a desktop icon, my internet connection will die for 10-15 seconds.

Here is a video of it happening, monitored by metaping: https://gfycat.com/infatuatedfixedliger

Same happens when I open a new instance of File Explorer, regardless of where I am when I do this.

I have tried:

• Creating and testing on a new account (persists)
  • Re-installing drivers, updating drives
  • Disabling/uninstalling applications that interact with my network
  • Restarting a few times
  • Disabling ipv6
  • Switching networks
  • Changing power management settings with the network device
  • Changing sharing settings
  • Checking event log for any information- but nothing is being logged during this time
  • Trying to restart and test wifi in safe mode, but wifi itself doesn't work in safe mode... go figure!
  • Monitoring the network usage in PerfMon but nothing really stands out as interesting... maybe I should grab a packet analysis tool to try to see what is being sent at this time.
  • Sacrificing a small child to the dark lord
Nothing so far has worked.

Help?

Hello

I was wondering if you tried uninstalling the network driver altogether, and allowing Windows 10 to install the default ones?

You may also want to try Running the SFC /SCANNOW Command that detects and automatically fixes any issues with the system file.

Also, Windows also allows you to boot in Safe Mode with networking that lets you access the network while in Safe Mode. You can find several tutorials online that can help you with that.

Please report back with the results if none of the solutions work, and you need further assistance in this.

Cheers!!