Wifi extender>wifi extender>ethernet>printer

Jan 13, 2019
Current equipment:
HP M451dn not wifi capable;
Charter provided router;
WiFi extender.

Problem:
It is $4500 to create a wired ethernet connection where I need my new printer positioned.

Question:
Is it feasible to buy another wifi extender to broaden the wifi coverage enabling me to plug the printer into the ethernet input on the second extender and get the printer to function? Or do you have some alternate magic/trickery you can suggest?

Disclaimers:
I recognize that for larger print jobs this configuration may be unsuitable. I'm rather boring, I just print out school papers, nothing graphical, nothing large. I don't need Maserati quality performance from this set up, just basic printing;
I am tech illiterate, please respond at a 3rd grade level :)

Solution
$4500 ... that is ridiculous. Really.

Yes, it will work. This essentially is how mesh WiFi systems (Netgear Orbi and Google WiFi) work. We don't like to do this with most extenders because they can't send and receive at the same time, so there is added delay. But for a printer, who cares. It would probably work fine for large jobs too.

Alternate magic ... powerline networking. It uses the electrical wires that are already in your walls to carry the signal. Like WiFi, it's limitations are distance and interference. Bottom line, if it works, it normally works well. If it doesn't, it doesn't. If you decide to try this, buy your adapters from a store with a generous return policy.
$4500 ... that is ridiculous. Really.

Yes, it will work. This essentially is how mesh WiFi systems (Netgear Orbi and Google WiFi) work. We don't like to do this with most extenders because they can't send and receive at the same time, so there is added delay. But for a printer, who cares. It would probably work fine for large jobs too.

Alternate magic ... powerline networking. It uses the electrical wires that are already in your walls to carry the signal. Like WiFi, it's limitations are distance and interference. Bottom line, if it works, it normally works well. If it doesn't, it doesn't. If you decide to try this, buy your adapters from a store with a generous return policy.

Solution
Jan 13, 2019
The excessive cost has a lot to do with insufficient infrastructure and code as I live in a historic home...I know, I know I brought that on myself! Thank you so very much for the info, truly a huge value as the only other option was to hire someone and the nearest folks are over 40 minutes away from my little mountain. Greatly appreciate it!