WIFI HELP Please

kevinb88

Reputable
Jun 10, 2015
I'm trying to log on to wifi and I'm putting in the correct password on my iPhone but it keeps telling to put the password in again and again i know the password I'm putting is correct cause i put it in a couple days ago. the wifi wasn't working earlier so i logged off and then tried to re log in and it won't work now. does any one know what i am doing wrong or whats going and can help me please so i can have wifi access on my phone again i only have it on my computer

NBSN

Admirable
Aside from the stupid questions that will of course annoy you, such as is caps lock on and so forth...

Does the phone give you the option of selecting if it is WPA2 or whatever type of connection?

Have you tried connecting the phone to another network?

Have you tried connecting another device in the same manner to your current network?

Are there any firmware updates for your router or phone?

kevinb88

Reputable
Jun 10, 2015
I'm on a iPhone 6plus it was working earlier then stooped working so i loged out then tried to log back on and it won't work i did the caps lock all that stuff. i trie a tablet i have and that won't connect either. and my apple phone isn't showing any updated. i put the password in and says unable to join network and WPA2 I'm not realy sure what that is or how to find it

NBSN

Admirable
Seems like you are having an issues with your router then if multiple devices are having issues.

And of course you may be having interference from other networks in the area too.

I would seriously say to try resetting your router to factory default settings and then making it password protected and all that. Then trying it with the devices again after performing any firmware updates your router will allow. If you are still having issues, then try it without any router firmware updates to see if a firmware update is causing the issue.

Is your tablet an Apple product? Because if so, then it may be an Apple firmware issue, but not very likely.

kevinb88

Reputable
Jun 10, 2015
no the tablet is a android and when i look at the top on my internet connection the bars are grey not black and when i click the wifi connection it says searching and then on but signal looks like there isn't any but i can still have internet on my computer.