Wifi is showing as open even when password set

Augmentum

Reputable
Apr 3, 2014
Hey guys,

I am trying to change the WiFi password for my 5GHz channel wifi from my Xfinity router. The weird thing is that even though I have set a new password instead of the wifi asking for a password, it just connects without asking for one. It stays as an open connection. Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: When the router does show that it is secured and ask for a password, it isn't the password that I have assigned. I don't know what else to do.

Solution
Double check that you are changing the intended password. You have a password for access to the router. Then you have password(s) for the networks for the 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz. frequencies.

Plus remember to click "Apply". All too easy to just click "OK" and lose any configuration changes that were made.

Ralston18

Titan
Double check that you are changing the intended password. You have a password for access to the router. Then you have password(s) for the networks for the 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz. frequencies.

Plus remember to click "Apply". All too easy to just click "OK" and lose any configuration changes that were made.

Solution

Augmentum

Reputable
Apr 3, 2014

HI sorry for the long wait, school... But yea it just took a few hours (weird) to change settings.