Question WiFi issue after upgrading CPU from an i5-11400 to an i9-11900k ?

Aug 28, 2023
Recently updated my cpu. Everything went fine but whenever I try to play Fortnite in the night time I get constant ping spikes, but this does not happen during the day. Just wondering how I can fix this ?

SorryBella

Proper
Aug 23, 2023
but this does not happen during the day time
More like Fortnite itself really, Epic is an <removed> in terms of server. I cant get away without a match where I'm at 10% packet loss or 300ms for the whole match. If it doesn't fix itself with Ethernet, the issue could also be an ISP one besides Fortnite. In that case I would ask the customer service.

The computer has no clue really if it is day or night. If there are issues it should have problems all the time.

My guess it is just a coincidence that it happened when you did the cpu swap. Most common reason would be that one of your neighbors is now using the same radio channels as you.

You should test this theory rather than trying to fix wifi when it might not really be the issue.

Your best first test is to find some way to test connected via ethernet.

You want to use a simple constant ping command to 8.8.8.8 to veryify that you are either getting packet loss or real latency spikes. If you do not see problems with the ping command then you start to blame the game servers more than the network.

Aug 28, 2023
The computer has no clue really if it is day or night. If there are issues it should have problems all the time.

My guess it is just a coincidence that it happened when you did the cpu swap. Most common reason would be that one of your neighbors is now using the same radio channels as you.

You should test this theory rather than trying to fix wifi when it might not really be the issue.

Your best first test is to find some way to test connected via ethernet.

You want to use a simple constant ping command to 8.8.8.8 to veryify that you are either getting packet loss or real latency spikes. If you do not see problems with the ping command then you start to blame the game servers more than the network.
So whenever I get on the game at first it’s fine, then when I get on later in the day or at another time it starts to ping spike.

Time of day issues are almost always another persons traffic causing the issue. Could be people are getting home from work and starting to use their wifi.

You could try to change the wifi channel maybe you get lucky.

It is highly unlikely it is the cpu. You would see other issues in addition to wifi problem if the cpu had issues. The cpu also does not care what time it is on the clock.

TRENDING THREADS