Question wifi keeps disconnecting!!!please help

afratafri202

Honorable
Oct 19, 2017
Hi,I recently bought a Dell Latitude 7390 2 in 1.
Specs:
Core i5 8250U
8GB LPDDR3 RAM
256GB NVME M.2
Qualcomm QCA61x4A 802.11ac Wireless Adapter
Now what happens is that the wifi keeps working for quite a while BUT after that time has passed it disconnects and doesn't show any networks at all and i have to reboot the thing to get it working again.I can't find any help on google.I've tried that power management thing but apparently it doesn't exits on my machine.So i really hope you guys can help me out here.Thanks for reading my post.

There is very little you can do almost everything in wifi is automatic and out of your control. I would see if there is a driver update maybe you get lucky and there is some strange firmware bug.

It is likely a hardware issue but from what I have seen it is a pretty easy to pull the back off and replace the card. It looks like it uses the standard m.2 wifi card so you could replace it with the a intel based ax210 for less than $20 and get the newest wifi6e.

You of course could replace it with exactly the same card but the cost is pretty much the same as the newer wifi cards.

Reactions: afratafri202

afratafri202

Honorable
Oct 19, 2017
There is very little you can do almost everything in wifi is automatic and out of your control. I would see if there is a driver update maybe you get lucky and there is some strange firmware bug.

It is likely a hardware issue but from what I have seen it is a pretty easy to pull the back off and replace the card. It looks like it uses the standard m.2 wifi card so you could replace it with the a intel based ax210 for less than $20 and get the newest wifi6e.

You of course could replace it with exactly the same card but the cost is pretty much the same as the newer wifi cards.
Thanks for the reply but i was messing around in my router's settings and my laptops wifi settings and basically fixed the issue.So here's what i did i went to my router settings and the wifi mode said 11/b/g/n and in my laptop's wifi settings(Device Manager>Network Adapters>Qualcom Wireless Device>Properties>Advanced and here there is a drop down menu.Here there are two settings called roaming aggressiveness and wireless mode.So first i changed the roaming aggressiveness from medium to low and the wireless mode to match my router's wireless mode.By default it was 11/a/b/g/n/ac and that seems to have worked.

TRENDING THREADS