Wifi not working on Windows 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 25, 2013
Wifi on this Gateway laptop isn't working with Windows 8.
I tried the key to turn it on and that just toggled Airplane mode, and when I go to manually turn it on there's no slider to change the setting. I can connect fine when I use a cable, it's just the wifi that doesn't work. :(

Feb 25, 2013
Drivers are installed on it. I actually uninstalled and reinstalled it when I first got it, but it's not my computer so I'm not sure if it came with Windows 8 or not. It has the Windows 8 sticker on it so it might've.

neley02

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
Same problem on my Gateway laptop, model number NV52L15u. Not sure what is wrong here. Device Manager says the Broadcom 802.11n network adapter is working fine, and the drivers are good. I'm currently at a loss. I've had the laptop for three months and haven't had any issues with wifi until today.

RLohman

Honorable
Apr 16, 2013
Go to network sharing center, change adapter setting, right click on Broadcom adapter, click properties, click configure, go to advanced, and finally...DISABLE BLUETOOTH COLLABORATION.

I fought with a Lenovo ideapad that came with windows 8 and did not work right out of the box. This fixed it.

G

Hello Mr. RLohman,
I just read the answer posted by you on this site and it seemed well. But there is on little problem which I have not been able to find, I cannot find the DISABLE BLUETOOTH COLLABORATION feature there. Can you please help me fix this issue. Would be of big help

Thanks already
Rajat Mishra

walliballi

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013
Windows 8 has loads of Wifi problems.
Same here I have installed 3 different Wifi adapters and cant get it to work. It is a Windows 8 bug for sure.

Cable works fine.
This is going on for months and still this big issue is not resolved, they should be ashamed.

Geebox

Honorable
Oct 7, 2013
For the Gateway NV521L hold down the wifi key during the boot up. The boot up will be slowed down, but the Wifi should now be on and the wifi button Adapter Switch will start working. This may work on others, but I have only done it on the Gateway.

sangeet_saxena

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013

hey rajat,
in network sharing, goto change adapter setting, right click on Broadcom adapter, click properties, click configure, go to advanced a list will Appear, search for BLUETOOTH COLL.... it is default set to AUTO.. from dropdown list disable it..

sangeet_saxena

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013

same problm wid my lenono z580 win 8..
trick solvd my prblm for this tym..
lets see how long it lasts...
thnx a lot

rahulsenan

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014

i have an ideapad as well but mine will voot up connected to wifi just fine but after a while it will drop the connection and tell me no networks were found. I know its not the router because it works on alll my other devices

jfwb

Honorable
Feb 11, 2014
I tried everything I could find for the problem windows 8.1 wifi greyed out but nothing helped.
I just then installed Windows 7 on a spare disc and after installing drivers for Wireless, the function-button for switching wireless on/off worked fine. I put back the Windows 8 disc and here the wireless was on too.

hypnotoad67

Reputable
Feb 24, 2014

Please let me know if you find a solution. I've got a y510 with windows 8 and I have this same issue. I'm going insane trying to deal with it.

Purgatory

Reputable
Apr 7, 2014

Device manager/network adapters/select your wireless adapter/right click select properties/select advanced tab/select the top property item, prolly 801.11d/change value to enabled from disabled.

This will circumvent any FN keys or digital wireless switch shortcuts, by turning it on at its source.

Yousef Medhat

Reputable
May 6, 2014

This actually worked for me, Thanks! :D

Stephanie Graves

Reputable
Jul 27, 2014

Thank you!!!!!!

ReynaMarie

Reputable
Aug 5, 2014
I just held down FN and held down F2 (wifi button) and boom! It worked. None of the other "solutions" posted on this forum worked for me, probably because there has been windows updates since the last post.

Chris V

Reputable
Sep 24, 2014
I just had the same problem. My airplane mode key just turns that on and off but wifi says no signal. I did find a solution though. This worked for me and I have windows 8 so i don't know if this will work for others. Move your pointer to the bottom right side of the screen to bring up the side menu. Click settings then click change PC settings. Go to wireless and turn on wifi. Presto.

lensi

Reputable
Sep 29, 2014

I love you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.