Question Wifi Repeater

Feb 2, 2021
I got a new wifi and my old wifi repeater is not connecting to the new wifi. it keeps on asking for network security key. i have tried with inserting the wifi password but it is not working, please can you direct me how should i resolve this.
Thank you
Amita

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I think you mean to say a new wireless router. If so, please include the make and model of the router and the repeater. I think you need to setup the router in order to accept any login's from your devices.

Feb 2, 2021
thank you for your prompt reply, my wifi router model is SR203 sky and my wifi repeater model is 192.168.10.1

Look forward to your response.

Regards
Amita

By the way it would not hurt if you can post a photo from both sides of repeater here. I have a feeling that you got one of these well known weirdos - first one and second one (Banggood links due to absence of original ones). Was very popular few years ago and often are used in selling scam schemes. In reality usable only as AP extenders via Ethernet cable, because WiFi signal extending directly is painfully slow and unstable. These craps use same channel as AP use and are not configurable to switch another channel for extension AP.

Feb 2, 2021
By the way it would not hurt if you can post a photo from both sides of repeater here. I have a feeling that you got one of these well known weirdos - first one and second one (Banggood links due to absence of original ones). Was very popular few years ago and often are used in selling scam schemes. In reality usable only as AP extenders via Ethernet cable, because WiFi signal extending directly is painfully slow and unstable. These craps use same channel as AP use and are not configurable to switch another channel for extension AP.

hello Sir/Madam

You are absolutely correct, I have the second one you have mentioned and no matter how much I try to log onto that 192.168.10.1 but I cannot get to log in screen. I feel lost as my wifi is not great in my bedroom upstairs. Any suggestions how to fix this?

There is not much to configure. Works in AP mode from Ethernet cable or repeater mode. In repeater mode may work also as WiFi network card for some remote device. IP seems always 192.168.10.1 and user/password is admin/admin. Didn't found PDF manual (was somewhere, can't find now), but found video instruction:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ4LampdFJc

(SuperBoost is one of names under which scammers push this crap to not knowing people)

There is a catch. This router was initially DIY project. Chinese copycats noticed it and turned into product you have now. It has several appearances, but is the same thing inside. Software was copied as is with all present glitches. Because of that is possible to configure this gizmo one time and then admin web access will be locked forever until factory reset by reset button. In next configuring you must configure this thing at first time from scratch again. After next factory reset - the same. And so on. Thing does support only 2.4 GHz 802.11b/g (n does not work) and is slow as molasses so don't expect WiFi speed above 30 Mbps over Ethernet cable in AP mode and over 6 Mbps in WiFi repeater mode.

TRENDING THREADS