[SOLVED] Wifi Slows when Phone on wifi

Royal_Pixelz

Prominent
Jun 13, 2017
Whenever I connect my phone (Samsung Galaxy S9+) to my wifi, wifi slows down on computers and other cells phones connected to the network. I've ran glassware to see if my phone is using alot of data but it doesnt. I get about 16mbps Down and 1.5mbps up. Network is at&t, router has a 2.4 and 5 Ghz channels.

Solution
What make and model router?

In any case does the router provide a listing of all connected devices, their IP's and MACs?

If so connect everything except your Samsung Galaxy S9+. Allow the network to stabilize so all devices are just sitting there: no updates, AV scans, "phoning home", etc..

Then turn on your phone and see what, if anything changes. Look for a duplicate IP address.

And reverse the process: Everything off except for your cell phone. Check performance. Then start adding devices one by one. Watch for when performance drops again.

Ralston18

Titan
What make and model router?

In any case does the router provide a listing of all connected devices, their IP's and MACs?

If so connect everything except your Samsung Galaxy S9+. Allow the network to stabilize so all devices are just sitting there: no updates, AV scans, "phoning home", etc..

Then turn on your phone and see what, if anything changes. Look for a duplicate IP address.

And reverse the process: Everything off except for your cell phone. Check performance. Then start adding devices one by one. Watch for when performance drops again.

Solution