[SOLVED] Wifi solution

Rya6822

Prominent
Feb 14, 2019
Hello. I live in the basement/1st floor of my house (on a hill so half underground other half not) and am far away from the router which is upstairs and prob about 3rooms away distance wise. My house is also old so powerline wont be an option. I was looking into a mesh network. I currently have the xfinity xfi pods but they are terrible and dont work. I was thinking about google because friends have been recommending it after I randomly lose connection. Would the google wifi pods be worth it or is there another way? Thanks

Solution
Hello. I live in the basement/1st floor of my house (on a hill so half underground other half not) and am far away from the router which is upstairs and prob about 3rooms away distance wise. My house is also old so powerline wont be an option. I was looking into a mesh network. I currently have the xfinity xfi pods but they are terrible and dont work. I was thinking about google because friends have been recommending it after I randomly lose connection. Would the google wifi pods be worth it or is there another way? Thanks
You need to run a cable of some kind, IMO. Ethernet or coax. Once you have a wired connection to your vicinity then you can look at how to turn that into WIFI.
You can hire a low voltage cable installer to...

kanewolf

Titan
You need to run a cable of some kind, IMO. Ethernet or coax. Once you have a wired connection to your vicinity then you can look at how to turn that into WIFI.
You can hire a low voltage cable installer to install that cable. They have specialized tools to make running wire in "impossible" locations possible.

Solution