Wifi won't connect on laptop tried everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

techguy14

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013
I have an ASUS laptop and wifi is turned on by fn+f2, on the laptop and other devices like ipod touches can connect to wifi but my laptop can't. When you click where the bars of how strong the wifi is it says No connections are available. It does work with an ethernet cable, however I've tried almost everything I know and wifi still doesn't work. It just stopped working yesterday.

For some reason your laptop's wi-fi adapter isn't finding any networks to connect to, including yours (your router).

Go into your router's configuration utility using any web -browser and change the wireless channel from it's current setting. The best channels are 1, 6 or 11

cullcat

Reputable
Sep 15, 2014
My girlfriend has had the exact same problem with her laptop.
Go into the settings and search DEVICE MANAGER. click network adapters and then click on the adapter that is your wireless wifi. go over to driver and uninstall it. Finally right click on network adapters and click search for network adapters.it should automatically install it back.
Go to your wifi settings and connect! Hope this helps!

megabyte31

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014

My computer had the same problem (and it was brand new), so I did what you said. It worked for a couple weeks, and now it's doing the thing again. How do I make it stop forever?

It only won't connect when I wake it up from sleep. If I restart, it works again. It's not a terrible problem, but it's time consuming and annoying to have to close every application and re-open them.

Luni47

Reputable
Oct 11, 2014

WHERE IS THE ROUTER'S CONFIGURATIONS UTILITY???

Yogi Pramono

Reputable
Nov 3, 2014

Hey, thanks! I have the same problem and it works!

Rithish Kumar

Reputable
Apr 17, 2015

It didn't work for me, the wifi still doesn't get connected. This problem started with my HP laptop, at that time my Dell laptop used to get connect to the wifi but now It has happened with dell too. Please give me a solution that would work on both of my laptops

Daniel Elia

Reputable
Jun 6, 2015

You made my pc crash. Thanks for that.

coffmancrew

Reputable
Jun 13, 2015

thanks so much for posting this!!! after hours of trying to fix my laptop this worked!!

chupagoat

Reputable
Jun 18, 2015

DAMN!!!!!! thanks bro this helped... NICE. ty so much

jayaredee

Reputable
Jul 10, 2015

I did this last time to fix it and now I've come to the same predicament but this time there is only one driver where as before there where three. I do the previous steps and still only one driver this time which will not connect. I have to use a Ethernet cable for internet now. Got any advice as to what I could do? :)

Yellowmamba

Reputable
Jul 28, 2015
I just bought a new HP Envy laptop and it connected to the WiFi fine for a few weeks but now I can't connect while other devices can. Tried to reinstall using the solution offered but didn't work so I'm taking the easy route and exchanging it since I'm still in my 30 days :D

Jeannie_1

Reputable
Aug 25, 2015
Instead of uninstalling driver, this is what I did:
Windows 10: (R) click on windows icon, located in the lower left tool bar.
Locate/scroll and click on Network connections.
You most likely will see a red x for all three icons, Blue-Tooth, Wireless, and Local.
Right click over Wireless.
Choose Disable. When asked if you do/don't want to disable, click, disable. Right click, enable.
Right click again, Status.
In the connection status box, click on Disable. Agree. Then Enable again.
This reboots the wireless. Go back to the window; Network Connections. The wireless should now be with out an x, and working.
Hope this helps. .

Finyta

Reputable
Sep 20, 2015

Thank you very much. It works for my Asus R 500 VJ!

erniyer

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
I just fixed mine. I tried some of the things i found on this site and although it did not fix it, it did led me to the way i got mine fixed. Hope it helps you too.

>Control panel
>network and internet
>network connections- right click to properties, then configure, go to advance then the first one (mine says 802.1 channel width) change it to AUTO.
mine was instantly fixed after. Good luck

baylorgang92

Reputable
Oct 1, 2015
Just fixed mine by the grace of god, stumbled upon it by noticing a missing file.
for windows
run command prompt as admin
type sfc/scannow
restart computer when finished

mine had been like this for two months with no solution.
Hope this helps someone, felt inclined to share.

George_26

Reputable
Nov 9, 2015

Helped me,

thanks

shishu1

Reputable
Nov 20, 2015

what cullat said worked for me too,i was able to see my wireless connections but i couldn't connect to the internet.I have an assus laptop with win 8.1

kasgn2

Reputable
Nov 25, 2015
Reinstalling device driver is a good suggestion. Didn't work for me, 'though. I'm on a Lenovo with Win 7 and after pulling out my hair b/c I couldn't connect I discovered that the issue was with the power settings for the Wireless adapter.

Solution:
Control Panel > Power Settings > Change Plan Settings > click on Change Advanced Power Options > Wireless Adapter Settings > Power Saving Mode > change from Power Saving to Maximum Performance.

This boosts the power to the radio and it can get a clear enough signal while competing with other devices when they join the network.

GracieLyons

Reputable
Dec 30, 2015
I went into control panel, then network and Internet and then clicked on network connections. It said my wifi was disabled. I right clicked, then clicked diagnose. My laptop found the problem and solved it. My wifi is now working again!

Adullah

Reputable
Jan 20, 2016
I worked it out.
For those who still could not find a solution to the above problem (just as I had), follow the following steps
1. Find the wireless network adapter manufacturer (follow this youtube link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkSM79v3wp4)
2. If your adapter is broadcom 802.11, then download and install Broadcom Wireless Lan Driver and Application from this link (driver is for x302lj but it works for all other models with same hardware, I installed it on x200ma and it works great) http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/X302LJ/HelpDesk_Download/
3. If adapter is from realtek, you can find it on x200ma drivers on asus website easily.
Hope it helps someone

Status
Not open for further replies.