Question Wildlands vs Breakpoint ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldGlitch

Upstanding
BANNED
Nov 24, 2022
if i may ask
which is better: shooting mission maps etc. which I would recommend. (with friends)

tom clancy's ghost recon wildlands vs breakpoint ?

I have played both these games, but I couldn't complete Breakpoint fully though. Only 9 hours of playtime. In my opinion, GR: Wildlands is far much better than Breakpoint.

Wildlands has a better story, and the whole game world and environment looks very lively and immersive at the same time. The Maps are huge though, even bigger than Breakpoint, and there is a lot to explore. Even the rebel AI and enemy movement and their reaction is quite realistic. Breakpoint fails in this aspect.

There are a lot of hidden details in Wildlands which makes the game more fun. The system for upgrading abilities, equipment, and armor in the game is also very unique. On the other hand, when it comes to Breakpoint, the skill points are wasted as players get more skill points with nothing left to unlock.

I have noticed that Breakpoint is actually more visually appealing when it comes graphics (at least some levels/areas), but nothing WOW-ish or jaw dropping ! The environment of Bolivia as seen in Wildlands is more colorful and warm in color though.

If given an option, I would definitely choose Wildlands. :)

BTW, when it comes to game missions and the story, Wildlands is far much better. Most of the missions in Breakpoint are pure dull, monotonous, and boring. I had to quit playing the game after some time.

Also, the supporting characters/NPCs, villains and the rebel movement, and the enemy AI in Wildlands is much better and realistic, when compared to the characters in Breakpoint.

There are a LOT of missions in Wildlands though. You will need to bring down a HUGE drug cartel, and based on hierarchy, there are individual bosses and you have to slowly work your way up to finally reach the main protagonist, El Sueno (who was actually a REAL life character in early Bolivian revolution/war).

Reactions: GoldGlitch
I played Wildlands quite a bit. It has a ton to offer. After beating it on Tier One mode, leveling all the way up to actual Tier 1, I wound up doing a complete video walkthrough on Extreme mode with no HUD or upgrades. Which brings me to one of my slight nit picks about Wildlands. On Tier One mode, the AI are very unrealistically instantaneous and flawless at aiming. Therefore you don't stand a chance unless you fully upgrade all your skills and use your whole squad to sync shots. Even then, if you so much as engage in the various convoy side missions to gather resources for those upgrades, it can become like a marathon chase, as the enemy vehicles are very hard to take down even with vehicle mounted heavy guns on turrets. When I played on Tier One I would only use the Armored SUV to do convoys, nothing else will last very long. I also got in the habit of ramming the target convoy vehicle off the road, then I'd power slide the armored SUV near it whichever direction I needed to in order to use it as a shield from enemy gunners, as I quickly hopped out of it to tag the target vehicle for the rebels. This avoided the marathon chase, and I got pretty good at it. Tier One quickly starts feeling very unrealistic and arcade though.

Another nit pick is the Rebels. I prefer to not ever use them, as they will most assuredly ruin any chance of stealth. I thoroughly enjoyed my Extreme playthrough with no HUD or upgrades though, and it's actually quicker to play that way because there's no need to waste time chasing convoys. Even shot syncing with no upgrades is limited to syncing with only one of your squad, so less time waiting for the other two to get into position.

As MM stated, the WIldlands map is very similar to actual Bolivia, and on the official forums actual location photos taken by the devs were compared to their in-game counterparts, and the realism cannot be mistaken. With no upgrades, I had to find choppers to steal to get to mission objectives that were really far from my starting point, but I found that to be quite fun. I would start and end each video at a safehouse, so I'd often take shortcuts through the rugged terrain with whatever vehicle the safehouse I started at had.

My 3rd slight nit pick about Wildlands, is that a few of the missions are a bit too scripted. One of which seems inevitable the Rebel AI will get there first and kill the target. I happened to find a way to get to the target with stealth, kidnap them, and take them to a safehouse, but there's no option to have your handler interrogate them as the mission is described.

Please know that this is in reality extreme nit picking, and only because it's a game you come to love so much you want to erase some of it's minor flaws and call it perfect.

The reason I avoided Breakpoint is I felt Ubi had bastardized the series by using a fictional location, a Sci Fi story where you fight a lot of mechs, and a tiered loot structure. I was also finding by what I read and videos I saw that the game was seriously flawed compared to Wildlands as MM pointed out.

I only recommend it for if you need help finding better ways to do missions, as it can be a major spoiler otherwise, but my video walkthrough of Wildlands is 114 videos long and contains 3 extra missions not in the base game. I averaged under 10 min per mission though, but that's after putting in tons of hours getting to know the game extremely well.

GoldGlitch

Upstanding
BANNED
Nov 24, 2022
The graphics in Breakpoint when set to "Extreme" absolutely blow Wildlands away.
I played Wildlands quite a bit. It has a ton to offer. After beating it on Tier One mode, leveling all the way up to actual Tier 1, I wound up doing a complete video walkthrough on Extreme mode with no HUD or upgrades. Which brings me to one of my slight nit picks about Wildlands. On Tier One mode, the AI are very unrealistically instantaneous and flawless at aiming. Therefore you don't stand a chance unless you fully upgrade all your skills and use your whole squad to sync shots. Even then, if you so much as engage in the various convoy side missions to gather resources for those upgrades, it can become like a marathon chase, as the enemy vehicles are very hard to take down even with vehicle mounted heavy guns on turrets. When I played on Tier One I would only use the Armored SUV to do convoys, nothing else will last very long. I also got in the habit of ramming the target convoy vehicle off the road, then I'd power slide the armored SUV near it whichever direction I needed to in order to use it as a shield from enemy gunners, as I quickly hopped out of it to tag the target vehicle for the rebels. This avoided the marathon chase, and I got pretty good at it. Tier One quickly starts feeling very unrealistic and arcade though.

Another nit pick is the Rebels. I prefer to not ever use them, as they will most assuredly ruin any chance of stealth. I thoroughly enjoyed my Extreme playthrough with no HUD or upgrades though, and it's actually quicker to play that way because there's no need to waste time chasing convoys. Even shot syncing with no upgrades is limited to syncing with only one of your squad, so less time waiting for the other two to get into position.

As MM stated, the WIldlands map is very similar to actual Bolivia, and on the official forums actual location photos taken by the devs were compared to their in-game counterparts, and the realism cannot be mistaken. With no upgrades, I had to find choppers to steal to get to mission objectives that were really far from my starting point, but I found that to be quite fun. I would start and end each video at a safehouse, so I'd often take shortcuts through the rugged terrain with whatever vehicle the safehouse I started at had.

My 3rd slight nit pick about Wildlands, is that a few of the missions are a bit too scripted. One of which seems inevitable the Rebel AI will get there first and kill the target. I happened to find a way to get to the target with stealth, kidnap them, and take them to a safehouse, but there's no option to have your handler interrogate them as the mission is described.

Please know that this is in reality extreme nit picking, and only because it's a game you come to love so much you want to erase some of it's minor flaws and call it perfect.

The reason I avoided Breakpoint is I felt Ubi had bastardized the series by using a fictional location, a Sci Fi story where you fight a lot of mechs, and a tiered loot structure. I was also finding by what I read and videos I saw that the game was seriously flawed compared to Wildlands as MM pointed out.

I only recommend it for if you need help finding better ways to do missions, as it can be a major spoiler otherwise, but my video walkthrough of Wildlands is 114 videos long and contains 3 extra missions not in the base game. I averaged under 10 min per mission though, but that's after putting in tons of hours getting to know the game extremely well.

I have played both these games, but I couldn't complete Breakpoint fully though. Only 9 hours of playtime. In my opinion, GR: Wildlands is far much better than Breakpoint.

Wildlands has a better story, and the whole game world and environment looks very lively and immersive at the same time. The Maps are huge though, even bigger than Breakpoint, and there is a lot to explore. Even the rebel AI and enemy movement and their reaction is quite realistic. Breakpoint fails in this aspect.

There are a lot of hidden details in Wildlands which makes the game more fun. The system for upgrading abilities, equipment, and armor in the game is also very unique. On the other hand, when it comes to Breakpoint, the skill points are wasted as players get more skill points with nothing left to unlock.

I have noticed that Breakpoint is actually more visually appealing when it comes graphics (at least some levels/areas), but nothing WOW-ish or jaw dropping ! The environment of Bolivia as seen in Wildlands is more colorful and warm in color though.

If given an option, I would definitely choose Wildlands. :)

BTW, when it comes to game missions and the story, Wildlands is far much better. Most of the missions in Breakpoint are pure dull, monotonous, and boring. I had to quit playing the game after some time.

Also, the supporting characters/NPCs, villains and the rebel movement, and the enemy AI in Wildlands is much better and realistic, when compared to the characters in Breakpoint.

There are a LOT of missions in Wildlands though. You will need to bring down a HUGE drug cartel, and based on hierarchy, there are individual bosses and you have to slowly work your way up to finally reach the main protagonist, El Sueno (who was actually a REAL life character in early Bolivian revolution/war).
what about the weapon that in wildlands it is 1tap kill. i read people say that it is so i wonder if it is true

wildlands do we both have to have a game or can sma 1 (who with a game a vay out)

whitch is better for coop?

Graphics are not everything in the game, it's more important to me that the gameplay is good, story, guns, etc

If anything Ubi has gone downhill quite a bit with their efforts on story, characters, and location SINCE Wildlands was made. Wildlands is not short on any one of those, but since a handful of Bolivians complained that the game did not represent their people well, despite it being an obvious work of fiction, Ubi got scared and started changing the way they make games.

As far as a powerful weapon In Wildlands, there is one when you get to the final Tier One mode bracket that you get that's pretty powerful, but it's more of an AR type weapon. It will kill a lot of regular enemies with one burst, but not the heavily armored ones.

I played it solo only, mostly with stealth, and used the M7, a silenced sniper rifle, and a silenced pistol for the most part. It's not hard to play once you know what you're doing. If you let yourself get noticed though, things can get out of hand quick. The M7 is my fave weapon in the game because you can get it fairly early, it is well silenced, and has near zero recoil. I would regularly take out several enemies with one clip while laying prone, which is very handy in hostage recue type situations.

There are a few missions that are designed with waves of enemies you have to deal with, and on those I found an LMG is handy for taking down choppers. One of the key things with most missions is knowing what the best entrance point of a restricted area is in order to get to your objective quickly, then out with minimal conflict.

Of course you can play Wildlands any way you want, which is part of what's great about it, but I got the most immersion out of trying to play as much like an actual ghost as possible.

Last edited:

GoldGlitch

Upstanding
BANNED
Nov 24, 2022
If anything Ubi has gone downhill quite a bit with their efforts on story, characters, and location SINCE Wildlands was made. Wildlands is not short on any one of those, but since a handful of Bolivians complained that the game did not represent their people well, despite it being an obvious work of fiction, Ubi got scared and started changing the way they make games.

As far as a powerful weapon In Wildlands, there is one when you get to the final Tier One mode bracket that you get that's pretty powerful, but it's more of an AR type weapon. It will kill a lot of regular enemies with one burst, but not the heavily armored ones.

I played it solo only, mostly with stealth, and used the M7, a silenced sniper rifle, and a silenced pistol for the most part. It's not hard to play once you know what you're doing. If you let yourself get noticed though, things can get out of hand quick. The M7 is my fave weapon in the game because you can get it fairly early, it is well silenced, and has near zero recoil. I would regularly take out several enemies with one clip while laying prone, which is very handy in hostage recue type situations.

There are a few missions that are designed with waves of enemies you have to deal with, and on those I found an LMG is handy for taking down choppers. One of the key things with most missions is knowing what the best entrance point of a restricted area is in order to get to your objective quickly, then out with minimal conflict.

Of course you can play Wildlands any way you want, which is part of what's great about it, but I got the most immersion out of trying to play as much like an actual ghost as possible.
did you play/try to play Breakpoint ?

play as rambo i don't think it's fun. but going quietly and without anyone hearing/seeing you is more fun

did you play/try to play Breakpoint ?

play as rambo i don't think it's fun. but going quietly and without anyone hearing/seeing you is more fun

If you reread my first reply, no, I haven't played it. My opinion on Breakpoint has more to do with Ubi going off rails with a sci fi location and drone army, and tiered loot structure, as well as what I've seen and read from others via gameplay videos and chat.

The Ghost Recon series was always traditionally a tactical shooter with real world locations, tactics, and gear. When they went tiered loot it seems obvious they wanted to open it up to a larger audience, the kind that love to find magical gear that makes them overpowered. IMO those are also the types that are rather childish at how they play and talk about such games, which we just saw above with the hard sell of Division 2.

I hope Ubi have learned something by their ignoring those whom prefer real world shooters and classics like Splinter Cell to some of the stuff they've put out lately. They are clearly struggling financially now, but I think there's still hope they will get back to basics instead of trying to turn everything into a tiered loot nightmare.

GoldGlitch

Upstanding
BANNED
Nov 24, 2022
If you reread my first reply, no, I haven't played it. My opinion on Breakpoint has more to do with Ubi going off rails with a sci fi location and drone army, and tiered loot structure, as well as what I've seen and read from others via gameplay videos and chat.

The Ghost Recon series was always traditionally a tactical shooter with real world locations, tactics, and gear. When they went tiered loot it seems obvious they wanted to open it up to a larger audience, the kind that love to find magical gear that makes them overpowered. IMO those are also the types that are rather childish at how they play and talk about such games, which we just saw above with the hard sell of Division 2.

I hope Ubi have learned something by their ignoring those whom prefer real world shooters and classics like Splinter Cell to some of the stuff they've put out lately. They are clearly struggling financially now, but I think there's still hope they will get back to basics instead of trying to turn everything into a tiered loot nightmare.
I will try the demo and see which one is better

GoldGlitch

Upstanding
BANNED
Nov 24, 2022
Some of you will see that your posts have disappeared. Consider this a formal warning that continued bickering of the kind that has been removed is not tolerated in these forums. Either play nice or not at all.
sry man if i did not play nice

SRY TO ALL

hat about the weapon that in wildlands it is 1tap kill. i read people say that it is so i wonder if it is true

Some weapons are actually more powerful, but headshots are mostly 1 kill, especially if you use long range sniper rifles. Other rifles require some 2-3 shots in close range, depending on the game's penetration, range and accuracy. I don't think every weapon will do a 1 hit kill. Some SMGs can take 3 + headshots to kill at range.

But since this a tactical game, enemies can also possibly kill you with 1 shot, depending on what type of weapon they are using.

Headshots apply a 2x damage multiplier to whatever the base damage of the weapon was. So it depends a bit on the class of the target and the weapon being used, but at full health the only 1-shot headshot kills are with sniper rifles.

Btw, the R5 RGP carbine weapon model offers you the highest damage rate when you throw a suppressor on it. This means you're not only dealing big damage but getting caught also becomes less likely. So be on the lookout for this weapon, the R5 RGP.

Last edited:
The MOST powerful and deadly weapon is the HTI sniper rifle though, which offers the highest damage possible in the game. To find the HTI sniper rifle, you’ll need to head to the Montuyoc Training Base in the east of the Montuyoc province.

This weapon can even bring down helicopters in a shot. But the HTI is located in an extremely and highly difficult area, so be prepared to fight your way through countless powerful enemies to claim this sniper rifle. I couldn't, lol. :smiley:

iGrxoyW.jpg

Another powerful weapon is the BFG-50A. But sadly this weapon is only available through the Fallen Ghosts DLC. But it's damage, accuracy, and range rival that of the HTI.

GoldGlitch

Upstanding
BANNED
Nov 24, 2022
Some weapons are actually more powerful, but headshots are mostly 1 kill, especially if you use long range sniper rifles. Other rifles require some 2-3 shots in close range, depending on the game's penetration, range and accuracy. I don't think every weapon will do a 1 hit kill. Some SMGs can take 3 + headshots to kill at range.

But since this a tactical game, enemies can also possibly kill you with 1 shot, depending on what type of weapon they are using.

Headshots apply a 2x damage multiplier to whatever the base damage of the weapon was. So it depends a bit on the class of the target and the weapon being used, but at full health the only 1-shot headshot kills are with sniper rifles.

Btw, the R5 RGP carbine weapon model offers you the highest damage rate when you throw a suppressor on it. This means you're not only dealing big damage but getting caught also becomes less likely. So be on the lookout for this weapon, the R5 RGP.
tnx man

The MOST powerful and deadly weapon is the HTI sniper rifle though, which offers the highest damage possible in the game. To find the HTI sniper rifle, you’ll need to head to the Montuyoc Training Base in the east of the Montuyoc province.

This weapon can even bring down helicopters in a shot. But the HTI is located in an extremely and highly difficult area, so be prepared to fight your way through countless powerful enemies to claim this sniper rifle. I couldn't, lol. :smiley:

iGrxoyW.jpg

Another powerful weapon is the BFG-50A. But sadly this weapon is only available through the Fallen Ghosts DLC. But it's damage, accuracy, and range rival that of the HTI.
if you couldn't, then it's probably very difficult, but I'll try to take that rifle.xD
tnx

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
if you couldn't, then it's probably very difficult,

No, actually to be honest, I'm a very horrible casual PC player, as I lack proper gaming skills. I mean, for me this was tough based on my skills, and experience, but for others who managed to grab it, it was okay for them, since they are veteran/hardcore players, like Frag above.

I play games casually just for fun. Tactical shooter can take a toll on me, but I can play run and gun FPS/TPP shooters and RPG games with ease. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say here.

If you have played "GR: Advanced Warfighter", then you know how punishing that game was. It was pretty difficult for me at least ! Enemies can also kill with 1 shot. We obviously have to learn to be very tactical and sweep through the levels slowly and carefully.

Sometimes the most direct route through the level may not always be the best.

GoldGlitch

Upstanding
BANNED
Nov 24, 2022
No, actually to be honest, I'm a very horrible casual PC player, as I lack proper gaming skills. I mean, for me this was tough based on my skills, and experience, but for others who managed to grab it, it was okay for them, since they are veteran/hardcore players, like Frag above.

I play games casually just for fun. Tactical shooter can take a toll on me, but I can play run and gun FPS/TPP shooters and RPG games with ease. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say here.

If you have played "GR: Advanced Warfighter", then you know how punishing that game was. It was pretty difficult for me at least ! Enemies can also kill with 1 shot. We obviously have to learn to be very tactical and sweep through the levels slowly and carefully.

do you know if Wildlands have a friend pass?

and if you know if the 6 hour timer for breakpoint expires, can you play with a friend if it has expired?

tnx for all help

same man i play game for fun

Yeah that's a powerful sniper rifle, and as far as I recall the reason it takes out vehicles is it's ammo uses depleted uranium. It has a very slow fire rate though, so it's best used from a distance with a powerful scope, and even then, if you miss shots you'll likely have to get moving.

It's found in the same camp where they train troops as MM said, so is available on the mission The Instructors. The provinces are numerically ordered for difficulty, and as MM also said, the Montuyoc region this gun is in is one of the harder ones. You DEFINITELY don't want to use the main road to access this area, which would be from the northeast. By the time I knew the game well, I accessed The Instructors mission from the northwest, which makes it far easier to sneak in undetected.

****SPOILERS****

This is a method from the Northeast near the access road, which makes it far harder requiring precise shots and risking detection.

****SPOILERS****

Last edited:

GoldGlitch

Upstanding
BANNED
Nov 24, 2022
Yeah that's a powerful sniper rifle, and as far as I recall the reason it takes out vehicles is it's ammo uses depleted uranium. It has a very slow fire rate though, so it's best used from a distance with a powerful scope, and even then, if you miss shots you'll likely have to get moving.

It's found in the same camp where they train troops as MM said, so is available on the mission The Instructors. The provinces are numerically ordered for difficulty, and as MM also said, the Montuyoc region this gun is in is one of the harder ones. You DEFINITELY don't want to use the main road to access this area, which would be from the northeast. By the time I knew the game well, I accessed The Instructors mission from the northwest, which makes it far easier to sneak in undetected.

****SPOILERS****

This is a method from the Northeast near the access road, which makes it far harder requiring precise shots and risking detection.

****SPOILERS****
tnx man

Status
Not open for further replies.