[SOLVED] Will a Corsair CX 650 Gray be enough for the time being?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2720853
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2720853

So I'm in a bit of a conundrum. Recently bought an RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio and Corsair RM 750x PSU. However, the RM PSU had very thick, unmalleable cables (especially the ATX one) which made me lose it and give up on that PSU entirely. Couldn't cable manage at all and the case would look horrid. So I just refunded and returned it.

I'm now using the RTX 3070 with a Ryzen 9 3900X on a Corsair CX Gray 650W 80+ Bronze Non-Modular for the time being until I can get a better PSU, although that may take a year or so.

Had this PSU since December 2019, bought brand new. It hasn't seen a stressful life, 60% of my time is spent on YouTube. This PSU has never given me problems and from what I can see online it's good enough and more reliable than the modular line of CX Grays. What do you guys think?

And another question, do you know if Seasonic makes PSUs with more malleable cables, especially the 24 pin ATX one? The PX or GX line of PSUs for example, both Focus and Prime? How are they?

Any other PSU recommendations? 850W would be nice, but with more manageable cables since the RMx cables made me wanna punch a wall.

Solution
The cable kit seems to have the same inline capacitors as the stock kit so there shold be no difference in performance and even if they weren't there is this a good psu which is capable enough to keep ripple and such within good values without those.

Looks btw good to me. 👍

JadeHarley

Reputable
May 11, 2018
RTX 3070 with a Ryzen 9 3900X
60% of my time is spent on YouTube
LMAO, classic
Any other PSU recommendations?
Fractal Design Ion+
Deepcool DQ750
About cables can tell only about Seasonic Focus Gold, touched, cables really good and soft, 24 pin is perfectly fine
CX Grays. What do you guys think?
Gray one is really good, but it's not the best choice anyway, like for middle budget systems, kinda a bit overprice and capacitors is a bit ew

D

Deleted member 2720853

D

Deleted member 2720853

I sure hope this solves some of the coil whine I have as well. Anyone know if these sleeved cables will deliver the same performance as the regular ones that come with the PSU, as in ripple regulation etc.?

firefox_ddL8QrayOI.png

D

Deleted member 2720853

Turns out the Corsair cable kit was awful. Worse than the stock cables... nothing fits in my case. The cable management would be awful if I had installed it... would have to remove the drive bay and even then it would not fit/look awful.

Any PSU recommendations for a Pure Base 500DX? Do Seasonic ones have more malleable cables and less clutter? I don't even know what to do anymore. Is Cablemod any good?

I want to remain on my CX Gray 650W even though my system is more high end than midrange, the PSU hasn't given me any problems apart from slight coil whine which isn't an issue. I don't overclock.

The problem is, when it dies, I don't know what else to replace it with. I've bought two Corsair PSUs and refunded them both so far.