[SOLVED] Will a faulty CPU prevent simple POWER ON, not POST? I want to check fan/cable configuration.

Sep 7, 2021
I am currently at a standoff with a new PC build for work. I want to test if my fans / CPU cooler work. I tried to turn on the PC and nothing happened. (build does not include SSD + GPU).

Components Installed:
Lian Li O11 Case
X570 Tomahawk MSI
5900x
Lian li Galahad Aio 360
Corsair LPX Vengeance 64gb 3200mhz
Corsair RM00850X PSU

Cables currently plugged in PSU:
Motherboard
Cpu_1 + 2 (for good measure)

Cables currently plugged into motherboard:
aio pump into CPU_Pump
3x fans for aio pump daisy chained to CPU_Fan
Front panel io cables all plugged in (in way of manual)
(RGB stuff hasn't been plugged in yet)

What I've tried:
  • I have tried shorting the power header with screwdriver
  • rebuilding from scratch
tried process of elimination:
  • ram modules removed
  • cpu cooler + fans on a different motherboard
  • I had bios flashed this motherboard so I know the PSU + Motherboard work.

At this point I'm starting to think there is something wrong with the CPU. I don't have access to it currently so can't place it on my motherboard at home.

What are the chances that this is infact a faulty cpu?

Lutfij

Titan
How did you come to the conclusion that the BIOS flash was successful? If you want to find if an AIO is working, you should hook it up to a donor system's motherboard. As for your AIO's connections, you should connect the pump to the PUMP_FAN1 header on the motherboard. The fans can be hooked up to the CPU_Fan header on the motherboard with the splitter.

Sep 7, 2021
How did you come to the conclusion that the BIOS flash was successful? If you want to find if an AIO is working, you should hook it up to a donor system's motherboard. As for your AIO's connections, you should connect the pump to the PUMP_FAN1 header on the motherboard. The fans can be hooked up to the CPU_Fan header on the motherboard with the splitter.
I have indeed hooked up my AIO in that way, as well as on a separate motherboard to make sure it does work.

I haven't come to a conclusion that the bios flash was successful. However at first, I flashed it with the newest beta bios version, I then began assembling and faced the problem of not being able to power on. So I thought maybe I should flash it again with a non-beta version. The motherboard fans/lights came on and the process repeated itself. So I can only assume that it worked the first and the second time?