will a gtx 1050 ti mini zotac work greatly with optiplex 780 mini tower ? and does modifying a card makes it performance lower

Jun 20, 2018
is it confirmed that gtx 1050 ti mini zotac will fit in optiplex 780 bcauze i m not sure that we would have to do any modification.one more question does modifying for graphic card to fit lmakes it lag or lower its performance?does anything happens in performance if we modify a card becauze i m getting the mini gtx 1050 ti zotac version to fit in my optiplex 780 and i m curious to know will it work fine??and i also want to do gaming am buying for gaming.will it game greatly like will it game just like gtx 660?? hoping for good and direct answers.my psu is 255 watts which is enought for this 1050 ti mini zotac.

What exactly is this "modifying" a card that you want to do? The Optiplex 780 has 4 form factors, which one do you have? For gaming, you have a big issue since that model range looks to be old, with a Core 2 Duo CPU. That will mean nothing newer will run on it.

Also the 1050 Ti may not work due to the older and OEM motherboard.

Jun 20, 2018
my is optiplex 780 mini tower quad core and its quite better than g4560 and i want to run dbz fighterZ on it and also i saw many videos in which 1050 ti mini works and even in a thread of tomshardware i read i m here just to confirm.hoping for a quick reply

A small form card will fit in the mini tower with no issues. Power supply is a bit marginal but should be OK. Make sure you do a BIOS update, if you actually were able to see that card working in your model, then you should be OK.

You said you saw people with the same system run it correct? Normally, yes having older BIOS and an OEM system can have issues with newer video cards, but since you already looked at things and found out it will work, then it should work.

Jun 20, 2018
Yes I said but I saw many of them with same mini tower which I had but don't know of motherboards that's obvious that each motherboard compatible with mini tower supports video card and my one have a slot just for Gtx 1050 ti mini zotac but don't know of bios version which they have so plz search and tell will legacy BIOS be OK!