Will a PC turn on without a GPU or Storage

May 8, 2018
So I am building my own computer, and I have almost everything installed. The only things that I don't have are the GPU and the HDD+SSD. I wanted to turn on the computer to check if the fans and stuff would work. Is this an ok thing to do, will it damage any computer parts?

Solution
Without any storage and even without an integrated graphics or graphic output the PC would turn on: fans would spin and motherboards leds lit, that's about it, you might also hear a beep from the motherboard speaker for absence of graphic card, no components would suffer from your experiment.
The PC should boot up if you have motherboard , memory, CPU, PSU, CPU cooler, and monitor. The storage doesn't come into play until after the boot. You will probably get an error message though.

Also the motherboard and CPU must have integrated graphics support.

R0GG

Distinguished
Without any storage and even without an integrated graphics or graphic output the PC would turn on: fans would spin and motherboards leds lit, that's about it, you might also hear a beep from the motherboard speaker for absence of graphic card, no components would suffer from your experiment.

Solution
May 8, 2018

Thank you! I just want to make sure everything is going well so far!