Question SSD is showing in BIOS and Windows, but it can't be used as bootable drive ?

ubi55555

Honorable
Aug 2, 2018
Hey guys, I have a strange issue. I was using a Samsung EVO 870 SATA 500GB SSD, there were some issues with it like freezing, or BlueScreens, and now I decided to perform a clean install on this drive. After installing windows, BIOS doesn't detect it as bootable drive, it's showing this drive fine, it's size. I have even installed Windows 10 Pro on different SATA SSD and checked it's SMART, it was all fine with 99% health, I've did HD Tune Pro Error Scan with all green as a result.
I can use it perfectly fine as a partition on Windows as well.

Is it cable fault? MOBO is Gigabyte B360M D2V with latest bios.

Lutfij

Titan
Can you state what the BIOS version for your motherboard is, besides stating it's the latest? If you updated the BIOS recently, did you clear the CMOS for the board? Does the drive exhibit the same anomaly while on another platform? Have you tried using another SATA data and power cable?

You might want to remove all partitions on the SSD and then start a fresh with OIS install.

ubi55555

Honorable
Aug 2, 2018
Can you state what the BIOS version for your motherboard is, besides stating it's the latest? If you updated the BIOS recently, did you clear the CMOS for the board? Does the drive exhibit the same anomaly while on another platform? Have you tried using another SATA data and power cable?

You might want to remove all partitions on the SSD and then start a fresh with OIS install.
Did all of that except different cable, already ordered one and it will arrive in monday. Bios is F16

Oh, and I will test it on different system when I will have a chance.