Question Will a range extender help with download speeds

TrueAussie

Prominent
Mar 5, 2019
I use my windows 10 pc mainly for gaming and productivity a small issue i have to face are my download speeds. i’m running on 2.4ghz and i have no way to move closer for 5ghz, i’m willing to buy a wifi range extender will that help increase download/upload speeds when downloading games a such on? thanks

QUICK NOTE
My download speeds through applications such as ookla show i get at least 23mbps download speed, but when downloading games through the steam client i average about 4-5mbps

RealBeast

Titan
A wireless range extender is pretty useless.

But an access point is a huge help. If you cannot run an Ethernet cable to an inexpensive router configured as an AP, then buy a pair of AV2-1000 or faster powerline adapters.

Some come in a kit with one to connect to the router and the other containing an LAN port and a wireless radio (the best have 2.4GHz and 5GHz AC).

From your name I assumed that you are not in the US, so here are three examples, ONE, TWO, and THREE.

Last edited:

TrueAussie

Prominent
Mar 5, 2019
A wireless range extender is pretty useless.

But an access point is a huge help. If you cannot run an Ethernet cable to an inexpensive router configured as an AP, then buy a pair of AV2-1000 or faster powerline adapters.

Some come in a kit with one to connect to the router and the other containing an LAN port and a wireless radio (the best have 2.4GHz and 5GHz AC).

From your name I assumed that you are not in the US, so here are three examples, ONE, TWO, and THREE.
thanks for the quick reply, i’ll definitely check it out. Thanks

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS