[SOLVED] will a RX 570 fit inside a Optiplex 390?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Agreed -even with a modest CPU, the 150W (give or take, depending on spikes, etc and probably a little more because I think that XFX XXX Edition is a bit overclocked out of the box) of the RX570 is going to be too much additional power draw for the original PSU.

bfollett

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2005
I don't know if it will fit, but did you look at the power requirements? That card recommends a 500 watt power supply and from what I read online the OptiPlex 390 looks to have between a 240 and 265 watt power supply.

Reactions: King_V

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Agreed -even with a modest CPU, the 150W (give or take, depending on spikes, etc and probably a little more because I think that XFX XXX Edition is a bit overclocked out of the box) of the RX570 is going to be too much additional power draw for the original PSU.

Solution
Apr 21, 2020
i have a cx 450 PSU, sorry I didnt state that. also it does fit since I got it and checked, it is working perfectly as of right now.

Reactions: King_V
Status
Not open for further replies.