Build Advice Will a single fan GPU have good temps if there are two intake fans under it?

Nov 8, 2018
I've been going back and forth as to which mATX case I would use for a future PC build, and one of my preferences would be the Inwin 301. It's a flawed case I know, not the best in terms of airflow per se.

But if I do end up with it personally, since its design is to have bottom fans for intake, and the GPU will be very close above them; the cooling of the rest of the components is admittedly concerning since as far as I can see most of the intake will just be stuck at the GPU before it reaches the rest of the case to properly cool, at least if I get a dual-fan one. Whereas getting a single fan GPU will open more space to distribute the cool air to the rest of the components, but the GPU would get warmer since it has less built-in cooling.

In this case for cooling, would using a single fan GPU be just as worth it as a dual-fan one with only minor difference in temps (if anyone has tested this before)? Or sticking with dual fans will still be better for cooling in the long run?

ScottMescudder

Commendable
Feb 1, 2017
The overall degree change between the single fan gpu and the dual won't be significant. Technically the dual will be better but definitely not noticeable unless testing under high throttle. The main concern with the bottom intake fans would be the dust. Any dust laying on your desk would likely be sent through the intake.

As for heat differences on the dual vs single, i'd recommend saving the extra money and getting a single. Spend the extra cash on some RGB lmao.

Reactions: auzcos
Nov 8, 2018
The case has a dust filter thankfully at the bottom, but yeah I definitely have to account where to place it, thanks. I'll see on considering which specific GPU brand/model next.