[SOLVED] Will a Thermaltake - SMART 500W ATX12V 2.3 80 Plus Power Supply work well with my build?

Solution
The thermaltake is group regulated and in general is made of poor components. It's voltage stability is terrible and ripple suppression is awful. It may work, but it'll probably take your system with it one day. It's also usually a <$40 unit.

If you were already going to spend $80 on a psu, maybe swing $10 or $20 more for a seasonic focus .

If you want to stay under budget, you'll have to play the waiting game and snag a corsiar cx/cxm 450w+($50-$70) as soon as they get back in stock, so keep the eyes peeled.

The rest of your build looks great though.

Burke_a_lot

Prominent
May 25, 2020
They work but that's about it. There is nothing good or bad about them.

However, for the same price, look for a 80+ Bronze. Also modular would be better. But with that case you should be able to hide the cabling.

Reactions: Player09313
The thermaltake is group regulated and in general is made of poor components. It's voltage stability is terrible and ripple suppression is awful. It may work, but it'll probably take your system with it one day. It's also usually a <$40 unit.

If you were already going to spend $80 on a psu, maybe swing $10 or $20 more for a seasonic focus .

If you want to stay under budget, you'll have to play the waiting game and snag a corsiar cx/cxm 450w+($50-$70) as soon as they get back in stock, so keep the eyes peeled.

Solution

Player09313

Prominent
Jun 15, 2020

I managed to get a Corsair CV Series, CV450, 450 Watt, 80+ Bronze Certified for $65 on amazon, is 450w enough? I switched my motherboard with a MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX

I managed to get a Corsair CV Series
The cv series, although not as bad as the smart series, is still a group regulated double forward design, which can introduce stress and instability to your components. It has far more quality components then the thermaltake, I don't recall any testing done with the CV, but VS series, which the CV pretty much is(I think) performed alright. You'll probably be okay with a 1650s, perhaps even a 1660.
If you already ordered the unit, maybe get a nice ups or surge protector, maybe increase airflow to the unit, reduce the wear since it has a low temp rating.
450w is enough.

It will work, however, I would not put much faith into the reliability of such unit.

Both the Thermaltake Smart and the Corsair CV450 are basic group regulated designs and are just low quality in general. Between the 2, I would pick the CV 450, but neither is ideal.

Can you find a Corsair CX450?

Player09313

Prominent
Jun 15, 2020
It will work, however, I would not put much faith into the reliability of such unit.

Both the Thermaltake Smart and the Corsair CV450 are basic group regulated designs and are just low quality in general. Between the 2, I would pick the CV 450, but neither is ideal.

Can you find a Corsair CX450?
If I were to upgrade my power supply later what should I go for?