Will A Z97-A Motherboard Fit My Case?

crazycupmuffin

Reputable
Nov 14, 2015
Hi complete noob here got a great deal a year ago on a decent Pc. But it had a very poor cpu and motherboard in it which has started bottlenecking my 970.
So I was wondering if the Z97-A board will fit my case. Here are the dimensions. 41 x 18.5 x 41.2 cm
And here is a link to what the case looks like.https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00YHGQ1AQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I haven't a clue what it's called sorry. :p
Since I have a 970 that has never got to show it's full potential yet. I was wondering what would be the best i5 I could stick in this to compliment it? I did put a coolermaster hyper 212 evo on the current cpu. And it just about fitted into the box and no more. I had to squeeze it in. So would there be a good smaller cooler you could also recommend. I'll be getting 2x 8gb ram as well, and does different quality ram make a big difference? Thanks in advance guys. Parts will be bought from UK.

Michael

Solution
Its a standard ATX motherboard. Just looking at your case I'm sure it would fit. That's definitely not a Micro ATX case. An Intel Haswell CPU would do fine with he Hyper 212 Evo that you already have.

jeffredo

Distinguished
Its a standard ATX motherboard. Just looking at your case I'm sure it would fit. That's definitely not a Micro ATX case. An Intel Haswell CPU would do fine with he Hyper 212 Evo that you already have.

Solution

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
BANNED

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler (£26.49 @ Ebuyer)
Total: £26.49
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-19 00:23 BST+0100

crazycupmuffin

Reputable
Nov 14, 2015

Thanks for the info. Any particular i5 you would recommend to go with a 970?

TRENDING THREADS