Will Chrome be noticeably faster with DDR4 2400MHz compared to DDR3L 1600MHz

Nov 8, 2018
Hello to everyone.

I am planning to help a friend get a laptop for work and she uses Google Sheets frequently online with Chrome, and wanted an Acer laptop so we were left with the choice to either choose an Acer Aspire 3 with Ryzen 2500u with DDR4 2400MHz RAM and an Acer Aspire E15 with i5-8250u and DDR3L 1600MHz (it's weird why this is the only configuration available to our country but I digress).

Technically both are 4GB capacity but I'm planning to upgrade it to 16GB, so I'm concerned if in real-world performance on using Chrome given the situation with Google Sheets, if it will benefit in noticeable faster performance with the newer DDR4 RAM or it's negligible enough that it will be fine with DDR3L?

Solution
More RAM: Yes , please. <-- Chrome is very RAM greedy.

Faster RAM without iGPU: waste of money.
Faster RAM with iGPU: yes, please. <--- I think the laptops mentioned by you belongs here.

More tips:
- avoid mix and matching RAM modules.
- get an SSD

Lutfij

Titan
You can give her an 8GB ram upgrade(but make sure you pick out a dual channel ram kit, don't mix and match) but what you should really be looking for is an SSD on your purchase. That would help give some spring under the feet. ;)

Where are you located, if I may ask?

More RAM: Yes , please. <-- Chrome is very RAM greedy.

Faster RAM without iGPU: waste of money.
Faster RAM with iGPU: yes, please. <--- I think the laptops mentioned by you belongs here.

More tips:
- avoid mix and matching RAM modules.
- get an SSD

Solution
Nov 8, 2018
Thanks for the suggestions so far. To address some follow throughs:
* In the Philippines. If this was a personal purchase I'm fine with getting one via reliable online retailers, but since it isn't I didn't want to take the risk. And the retailers that do seem to offer additional choices are too far away.
* Yep they both have iGPUs, although I should have mentioned in retrospect that they also have discrete graphics cards too. The Aspire 3 has a Radeon 535 (which is weird since afaik this is slower than the iGPU of the Ryzen if I'm not mistaken); and the Aspire E15 has an MX150. She's not going to play games on it so it didn't occur to me to mention this. Will this affect my choices?