[SOLVED] Will CMK16GX4M2B3200C16W work together with CMK16GX4M2B3200C16?

Tybost

Reputable
Sep 3, 2015
Slightly dumb question (but would rather be safer than sorry)

--
A year ago I had upgraded and bought Vengeance LPX White: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Desktop Memory Kit – White (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16W)

I want to upgrade to 32GB but notice the Vengeance LPX Black version is a bit cheaper than Vengeance LPX White: https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-3200MHz-Desktop-Memory/dp/B0143UM4TC/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=corsair%2Bvengeance%2Blpx%2B16gb%2B3200&qid=1571400380&sr=8-2&th=1

Does the color matter? Will the LPX Black version be compatible with my current ram sticks?

Last edited:
Solution
Looks like both have the same CL numbers. I wouldn't advice on mixing and matching rams but for the LPX's they are simply rams with different heatspreaders. If you can, source the white one's if you're in doubt. I'd also not get black to tamper with the aesthetics.

Last note, make sure you're on the latest BIOS for your motherboard.

Lutfij

Titan
Looks like both have the same CL numbers. I wouldn't advice on mixing and matching rams but for the LPX's they are simply rams with different heatspreaders. If you can, source the white one's if you're in doubt. I'd also not get black to tamper with the aesthetics.

Solution

Tybost

Reputable
Sep 3, 2015

I guess ill cough out the extra cash and play it safe (wouldn't want to ruin the aesthetics :p). Thanks for the rapid response.