[SOLVED] Will current PSU work for new GPU?

Sep 15, 2021
Here are my current system specs:
- EVGA 700W 80+ Gold power supply
-Ryzen 7 5800x
-Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming motherboard
-4x8 (32gb) Corsair Vengeance 3200Mhz RAM
-EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SSC 6gb GPU

Will this PSU work for my new Gigabyte Vision RTX 3070 ti? I have one PCIe cable from PSU with four 8 pin connectors, can 2 of these be used from same cable?

There are two 8 pin power supply plugins on the 3070 ti, wondering about adapters etc. Power supply linked below:

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=100-GD-0700-V1

Last edited:
Solution
Won't need adapters. Your PSU has 2 individual pcie cables with multiple connectors on both. You can simply use one 8 pin connector from both cables.

However, you may want to consider a higher end power supply. The GD is a decent unit but it is basically the cheapest gold unit EVGA sells.
Won't need adapters. Your PSU has 2 individual pcie cables with multiple connectors on both. You can simply use one 8 pin connector from both cables.

However, you may want to consider a higher end power supply. The GD is a decent unit but it is basically the cheapest gold unit EVGA sells.

Solution
Sep 15, 2021

Ahhh so there’s two PCIe cables with two 8 pin (6+2) connectors. Been awhile since I built this thing and the specs sheets aren’t clear.

I do plan on upgrading my PSU, prob something like 1000w Supernova series, but for the next 3-4 weeks will mine be adequate without any power consumption issues?

Sep 15, 2021
Agreed. My 5800x is overclocked to 4.8ghz all core stable and I’ll definitely be overclocking my new 3070ti, my little 1060 SSC is overclocked to +180 core and +1000 mem after thermal paste and pad replacement. This is my area of expertise, PSU and power demands are not. Would you still recommend a quality 750w or would a quality 850w be better for the extra overclocking power demand?