Will Doom 2016 Support SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddcook10

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2016
I have a FX-8350 with 2 GTX 760s in SLI with 16 gigs of ram and a SSD Boot drive. Will it run the upcoming Doom game ok/

Solution
well as for an sli profile, they have it set to be single card only right now Nvidia Profile Inspector is how i found that after updating to the 365.19 game ready driver

But if you want SLI to work in DOOM, this is all you have to do,

1. get Nvidia Profile Inspector, google for it, you can find it, or may already have it

2. After opening it search in it for DOOM and make sure the EXE is doomx64.exe if your not sure, remove that app, and add the new one.

3. Then head down to 6 - SLI and change Number of GPUs to use on SLI rendering mode to how many you have as in TWO - THREE - FOUR

4. change the sext on NVIDIA predefined number of GPUs to use on SLI rendering mode to the same thing as before

5. switch NVIDIA predefined SLI mode to...

ddcook10

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2016
Well I didn't solve the question but I did solve my problem. I bought a GTX 980 and replaced the SLI setup and Doom plays very nice on the machine with medium to high settings. I still am curious if they will be able to use SLI in this game though

jpouza

Commendable
May 14, 2016
It will support SLI properly soon, according to the dev team on Twitter, there is a limitation with SLI scaling and shadows.
Vulkan API will be enabled soon too.

Cheers

NickBeast

Reputable
Mar 10, 2014
well as for an sli profile, they have it set to be single card only right now Nvidia Profile Inspector is how i found that after updating to the 365.19 game ready driver

But if you want SLI to work in DOOM, this is all you have to do,

1. get Nvidia Profile Inspector, google for it, you can find it, or may already have it

2. After opening it search in it for DOOM and make sure the EXE is doomx64.exe if your not sure, remove that app, and add the new one.

3. Then head down to 6 - SLI and change Number of GPUs to use on SLI rendering mode to how many you have as in TWO - THREE - FOUR

4. change the sext on NVIDIA predefined number of GPUs to use on SLI rendering mode to the same thing as before

5. switch NVIDIA predefined SLI mode to AUTOSELECT, unless you want to try another mode, either SFR or AFR/2

6. GET BACK TO DESTROYING DEMONS IN HIGH FPS GOODNESS!

if you have any concerns, take them up with google, all i want to know is if it worked for you, as i have not found anything on how to do SLI with DOOM so i did it myself

Solution

king3pj

Distinguished

I don't doubt that this works but I found it to be even more simple than this. I didn't have to do anything with Nvidia Profile Inspector or select the number of GPUs I wanted to use.

All I did was open up Nvidia Control Panel> Manage 3D Settings. From there hit the tab that says "program settings" instead of "global settings." Find Doom in the list of Applications and then change the SLI setting to force AFR 2.

I have SLI 970s and an i5-4690k. Before doing this my second GPU was not being used at all. After making this change both GPUs are at 90%+ core usage. I play at 1440p with maxed settings and I'm getting 110-120 FPS.

Danny15

Reputable
Jun 25, 2014
it just dont work for me:( i have a i7-4770k with 2x 780 classified from evga as soon as i put sli on it just decreases my preformanse the trick with nvidia inspector wont work for me and its the same fot the nvidia controlpannel settings:(

Danny15

Reputable
Jun 25, 2014
a fresh instal of the nvidia driver and a restard of my pc did it its working now:D manny manny manny thanks for your help:) i kan finally kill demons on high fps:D im playing on a 1440p 165h gsync monitor from asus the pg279q agen manny thanks for your help its greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.