will factory resetting my pc solve my gaming performance issues?

rezplog

Honorable
Mar 27, 2016
basically i want to know if factory resetting my windows 10 pc with the "remove everything" option will solve some fps issues im having in certain games

so i just got a dell inspiron i7559 less than 2 weeks ago. i got a bit carried away with it and started playing dozens of games left and right, and downloading some software to enhance performance for both in and out of the game. i also force shut down my pc a couple times holding the power button when some games froze, which i also regret. i think at one point today i downloaded a virus, and i got rid of it but i'm still getting popups from malwarebytes every minute and its really frstrating. i noticed some of my frame rates in games are getting effected, and i think im just gonna reset my entire pc to its beginning settings.

this should solve any issues right? i dont have any personal files on here yet, so i have nothing to lose by resetting it, aside from the hours it takes to complete the process. also, i bought bf4 and gta4 from steam and origin but i can just redownload those games since they're in a cloud right? thx

Solution
Definitely do that, and read all the little check boxes when you download those little sketchy apps you can save yourself from most of the bad stuff and still get the free app you want just read carefully when installing and not just smashing ok till its done. Also software will not speed up your computer that stuffs a scam everytime.

saratj1

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2010
Definitely do that, and read all the little check boxes when you download those little sketchy apps you can save yourself from most of the bad stuff and still get the free app you want just read carefully when installing and not just smashing ok till its done. Also software will not speed up your computer that stuffs a scam everytime.

Solution

rezplog

Honorable
Mar 27, 2016

thanks for the fast reply guys. yeah, patience with computers has never been my strong suit. i believe the exact virus i got was from a software called reimage repair, which i thought would help defrag my computer files and improve fps. i wouldnt know though, im pretty bad with computers

gumbob3

Respectable
Mar 5, 2016

After the reset, I would HIGHLY advise installing some type of antivirus. An amazing free one is AVG Antivirus Free.

rezplog

Honorable
Mar 27, 2016

that was also one of my regrets. my computer came with mcafee but the popups would not stop. very frustrating. hopefully resetting my pc will uninstall mcafee but my pc came with it so i dont know for sure. i think my dad uses AVG, he says its great.

gumbob3

Respectable
Mar 5, 2016

If mcafee stays on, you can always go to control panel, add/remove programs, and delete it