Question Will g.skill trident z F4-3000C16D-16GTZR work with asus b450 f gaming.

gax007

Prominent
May 4, 2017
Purchased as a bundle on newegg recently read that certain g.skill ram had problems with Ryzen and the lack of an X at the end of the number (F4-3000C16D-16GTZR) may cause problems. Just need someone who knows a thing or two to help clarify if everything is going to work when it arrives with the asus/amd xmp equivalent enabled. I'm aware it's not Samsung b ram and am fine with that.

Last edited:

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
I am currently running G.Skill Trident Z 3200 (F4-3200c16d-16gtzr) @ 3400 on my ROG Strix B450-F Gaming with a Ryzen 5 2600 without any issues.
So I would say that there is a very good chance that those 3000 MHz sticks will work as well for you as the 3200 MHz Hynix A dies I have do for me.

Last edited:
May 13, 2019
When I built my PC a few weeks ago with a Ryzen 2400G CPU and a Asus B450-Plus TUF Gaming mobo, I've ordered Corsair CMK16GX4M2D3000C16 RAM but did not checked the compatibility list correctly and the CL16 model is not fully compliant (only the CL15 is) and I ran into compatibility trouble because I can reach the full specs of the RAM and had to downclock it to 2133 Mhz (over 3000 Mhz) to run stable. So I returned the Corsair to Amazon (hopefully under 30 days) and ordered the F4-3000C16D-16GTZR instead.

I've ordered the F4-3000C16D-16GTZR RAM since it's indicated as fully supported into the RAM compatibility guide on Asus website. So I assumed it was 100% supported and 100% optimized if it's in the Asus's list...

May 13, 2019
Finally received and installed the F4-3000C16D-16GTZR in my Ryzen 2400G with the Asus B450-Plus TUF Gaming, then enabled the D.O.C.P. to 3000 Mhz and computer booted without any POST or error. Played several hours with no crashes or any instabilities. Seem like it's a perfect match!! :love:

Only tiny (very tiny) complaint is that I would appreciate to be able to turn OFF the LED lights when computer is in SLEEP MODE, just like I do with my other LED devices, handled by Asus AuraSync. But it looks like the G.SKILL RAM doesn't sync this setting as the RAM LEDs are remaining on during SLEEP.

May 13, 2019
Unfortunately it looks like I spoke too fast... :(

Yesterday after installing the RAM I rebooted a few time, then play for a few hours without issue, that's true, however after playing again, then rebooting several more times today, I noted that apparently my PC is having random boot issue since I install the G.SKILL RAM and enable D.O.C.P. (never had this issue before with Corsair RAM with no D.O.C.P.).

So the issue is every few cold start or reboot, the PC is powering on, then powering off after a second, then power on again and then boot normally (no error shown this time). But it still looks like computer having issue during POST. But then, after a few more reboot, for no reason, the PC isn't rebooting at all, then it shows the error message "This computer POSTed in safe mode, if you changed something in the BIOS settings and blablabla", then it returns to BIOS. Then the only way to boot up my computer is to disable D.O.C.P. and reboot.

My BIOS is already up to date (as indicated earlier) and this specific RAM part number is certified by ASUS in the official Qualified Vendor List. Any suggestions??? 😕

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
I would look on the Asus forums and see if other people with your MB are having cold boot issues with the BIOS you are using.
I have an ROG Strix B450-F and people have posted that the 2 newest BIOS updates cause cold boot issues and problems with OC'd RAM.
That is why I am still using BIOS 1201 on my MB.