Will G10 fits with R9 270? (specific model)

Solution
the 270 is a better card than the 750ti but i also agree that if you don't have the card, i'd combine the cost with the cost of the cooler and get something better overall. i have a r9-270 and even a torture test won't push it past 65 degrees, less if i let the fans run flat out max speed.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
it's is on this compatibility list in the specs. https://www.nzxt.com/products/kraken-g10-white

this is based on reference design though and i am not sure the 270 model is a reference one. the cooling surely is not but i am not sure about the card design itself.

overall, it is compatible with so many cards by both nvidia and amd, i'd say ti is pretty likely it will work with the card you have as well.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
R9 270 is a mid-range card at best, I don't think it's worth buying the G10 + liquid cooler for it. Not unless you already have a liquid cooler lying around and don't have anything to use it for. You could probably sell your 270, take that money and combine it with what you were going to spend on cooler + bracket, and just buy yourself a better card that outperforms a 270.

DanielMZXG

Reputable
Jun 20, 2015

Thanks!

By the way, I don't have it yet but I'm about to buy it or GTX 750 TI (low costs, prefer to get it and purchase soon the GTX 1000 series)

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador

Ok. Well, I still don't see any reason to get the liquid cooling now. I'm guessing your plan is to move the liquid cooling to your eventual GTX 1000 card? In which case I'd just wait till you actually get it and get the liquid cooling at that point (if you really want a liquid cooled GPU that is). But to be honest, I don't see any reason to get a liquid cooled GPU in the first place, unless you're getting a high-end card.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
the 270 is a better card than the 750ti but i also agree that if you don't have the card, i'd combine the cost with the cost of the cooler and get something better overall. i have a r9-270 and even a torture test won't push it past 65 degrees, less if i let the fans run flat out max speed.

Solution

DanielMZXG

Reputable
Jun 20, 2015

I see. I remember AMD/ATi used to have heat problems...
Anyway, I'll get the 270 w/o the cooler.

Thanks!