Reputable
Dec 12, 2014
Can Gtx 1050 ti run on my mobo
As my specs are :-
Mobo-Dh61ww
Processor-Intel i5 2300 2.80ghz
Ram-Kingston HyperX Fury - 8Gb 1333mhz
PSU-Corsair CX 600(Bronze)

As I'm just left with the gpu itself so i'm willing to buy Gtx1050ti,but wanted to confirm that will it be compatible with my mobo ?

Solution
PCIe revisions (except for the very first one) are all inter-compatible. They just increase available bandwidth which you should not worry about because even when running at PCIe 2.0 GPUs don't use up even close to the max available bandwidth of an x16 (or even x8) link.

The x16 slots are mainly to provide universal compatibility with graphics cards and also for other expansion cards that do actually need a lot of bandwidth (e.g. 4-port 10 GBit ethernet cards, coprocessor cards).
PCIe revisions (except for the very first one) are all inter-compatible. They just increase available bandwidth which you should not worry about because even when running at PCIe 2.0 GPUs don't use up even close to the max available bandwidth of an x16 (or even x8) link.

The x16 slots are mainly to provide universal compatibility with graphics cards and also for other expansion cards that do actually need a lot of bandwidth (e.g. 4-port 10 GBit ethernet cards, coprocessor cards).

Solution

TRENDING THREADS