Will i be able to run BF 4 on ultra or high

Jamesc62269

Honorable
Oct 15, 2013
I am debating on buying battlefield 4 but would like to know if i can max it out on my new rig which is my first gaming pc so im still not sure what it can handle, the specs are:

CPU:
AMD FX BLACK EDITION 6300 3.5Ghz

GPU:
AMD RADEON 7870 2GB DIRECT CU II

RAM: 2X4GB CORSAIR VENGANCE 1333Mhz

HDD:
1TB

WINDOWS 7 PREMIUM 64BIT

Jamesc62269

Honorable
Oct 15, 2013
Code:

okay so high would be a defo? Only problem is i was debating on overclocking my GPU but i only have standard fans on my case a lough it is in a well vented place my pc i mean i am still wary as if overclocking would be safe to do with out proper cooling?

Andrew Sederholm

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
ok so the processor is pretty powerful. a 6 core at 3.5 is quite good, make sure you have a good cooler though. are you using stock cooler by chance?

Gpu is very strong, the 7870 is a great gpu. is it Asus by any chance?

Corsair makes really strong ram and its 8gb so your fine there too

and 1tb will do everything for you in terms of space.

i suggest you go to: http://systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

basically you find the game you want (so in this case look up battlefield 4 in the search bar)

then click "can you run it"

then it will bring you to a popup that has 3 options. choose "automatic detection" and it will automatically tell you your systems spec compared to the specs required for that game to actually be able to run. /

so there you go! hope i helped! and definantly buy bf4! really good game! i have it myself!

Jamesc62269

Honorable
Oct 15, 2013

Yes unfortunately i spent every penny i could spare into this build so it does have stock cooler but it is a beast i am an amd guy :)

And yes the GPU is the asus version so far it has handled everything amazingly apart from metro last light where it does flop if you have any idea why that is an answer would be appreciated :)

Also i have looked at that site and it says i meet all the recommended requirements but i seen on some sites that BF 4 recommended VRAM is 3GB? where is i have 2GB

But thanks for the advice anyway greatly appreciated :)

ish416

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
Hold off overclocking until you have proper cooling. That being said, the FX6300 should be able to hit 4.5Ghz+ on a good cooler (I hit 5+Ghz on an FX6300 and Cooler Master 212EVO). This also depends on your motherboard.

The 7870's are known to be highly overclockable. Most will hit around 1250 Mhz core and 1500Mhz on memory. If you can hit those numbers with yours, expect around a 10%-15% gain just from overclocking the GPU.

Overclocking CPU and GPU should give you gains of 15%-20% in most games. Some more, some less.

Jamesc62269

Honorable
Oct 15, 2013

I will do as soon as i have spare money i shall invest in a better cooler, my motherboard is a GIGABYTE 78LMT-USB3 AM3+ :)

I have read into the GPU overclocking and i have seen its a good card would i be best avoiding OC that aswell until i get more fans in the case or would it be safe to do a little overclocking as i would like to get the best for BF4 as it is an amazing game :)

ish416

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
I would probably avoid much overclocking on your motherboard. Those are known to not be all that great for overclocking.

For overclocking your GPU, download furmark ( http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/ ) and let it run for 30 minutes at whatever resolution you will be playing at. Notice the temperatures and the fan speed/noise. If everything seems acceptable then you should be fine for overclocking it. It looks like 70C-80C is rather normal for that card under load. So as long as the temps are within that range, I would say it is safe to overclock your GPU while keeping temps under 80C.

Jamesc62269

Honorable
Oct 15, 2013

Okay thank you very much i will go check that out and get back with the results as soon as it done :)