Question Will I be able to swap everything from the Alienware Aurora r3 case to another because it has 2 different motherboards one main and one fan

Sep 6, 2021
Hi I got my uncles old Alienware Aurora r3 because I was new and scared to build a pc so I got his old one but now I’ve more experience and wanna upgrade the case since it’s rlly old and bulky but the problem is in the pc I have seen there are 2 motherboards one strip and the main. The main has the main things but the strip has all the things for the fans and stuff so idk if I’m able to swap the case

USAFRet

Titan
Hi I got my uncles old Alienware Aurora r3 because I was new and scared to build a pc so I got his old one but now I’ve more experience and wanna upgrade the case since it’s rlly old and bulky but the problem is in the pc I have seen there are 2 motherboards one strip and the main. The main has the main things but the strip has all the things for the fans and stuff so idk if I’m able to swap the case
We'd need a lot more info on what you have and what you're trying to do.

Remeca

Reputable
NdQPcfn.jpeg

xVscb40.jpeg

Joseph_138

Distinguished
Wdym I’m confused

Dell uses unique parts in their systems. Swapping them into a different case won't work. Their motherboards are not standard, their power supplies are not standard, the cases themselves are not standard. You can take the parts off of the motherboard, like CPU and RAM, and transfer them to another motherboard, but reusing the motherboard itself in another computer won't work. It's part of their planned obsolescence scheme. They want you to throw away your old computers, not keep them alive with upgrades.