Will i be ok with this PSU for this rig?

kaleeem

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
So i already got this components:
FX 6300
ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 AM3+
G.Skill 2x4GB 1600MHz
R7 260x
WD 1TB Blue

i was thinking about buying the seasonic 400w PSU, ppl tell me that this is the best brand out there, will i be ok with this PSU? If i want to overclock, on top of a new cpu cooler, would i need a better PSU? Am i ok with this seasonic 400w for stock clocks? Ty!

Solution
Seasonic is indeed a very reputable brand for the PSU, definitely one of (if not the) best. Many high-end Corsair PSU will use Seasonic OEM designs for their own models. There are plenty of other reputable brands, as the previous poster stated, Corsair is usually very well regarded and have very competitive prices.

For a rough estimation, your CPU has a 95W TDP, you GPU is around 125W (the power draw of the rest of the components is negligible, unless you add 10 hard drives or led fans, of course...). So your PC should draw around 250W at full load, before OC. That is for full load, I doubt you'll see as much under real-life conditions. So 400W, even with overclocking should be plenty.

For a quick reference on various PSU, you can...

dav_jw

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
Seasonic is indeed a very reputable brand for the PSU, definitely one of (if not the) best. Many high-end Corsair PSU will use Seasonic OEM designs for their own models. There are plenty of other reputable brands, as the previous poster stated, Corsair is usually very well regarded and have very competitive prices.

For a rough estimation, your CPU has a 95W TDP, you GPU is around 125W (the power draw of the rest of the components is negligible, unless you add 10 hard drives or led fans, of course...). So your PC should draw around 250W at full load, before OC. That is for full load, I doubt you'll see as much under real-life conditions. So 400W, even with overclocking should be plenty.

For a quick reference on various PSU, you can have a look here: http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx

So, to answer your question, yes, a 400W Seasonic PSU will be adequate for this PC, overclock included.

Solution