Question Will I get better sound hooking Hyperx Cloud Orbit S headphones up with USB or sound card?

Wraith_3

Honorable
Jul 28, 2017
I just got a pair of Hyperx Cloud Orbit S headphones. With my old headphones I plugged them in with the 3.5mm jack into my control for Klipsch Pro Media 5.1 speakers. I have a Soundblaster Z something (2014-ish). Anyway will I get better sound with USB or with the 3.5 through my soundcard? I've never used a USB headset before so I don't really know. It seems like they want you to use the USB because it's like 6ft long and the 3.5mm is maybe 2-3ft long.

Wraith_3

Honorable
Jul 28, 2017
Yeah I did and the analog kind of sounds better, but I thought maybe they were intended to use USB because as I said they give you a longer USB cable. I haven't used USB headphones before so I thought maybe they work better that way. I also read something that said it would damage the internal amplifier (or whatever) if you don't use them that way. I don't believe that necessarily because they wouldn't allow you to hook them up that way.

Yeah I did and the analog kind of sounds better, but I thought maybe they were intended to use USB because as I said they give you a longer USB cable. I haven't used USB headphones before so I thought maybe they work better that way. I also read something that said it would damage the internal amplifier (or whatever) if you don't use them that way. I don't believe that necessarily because they wouldn't allow you to hook them up that way.

There won't be any issues using them on a 3.5 mm connection. What you may want to do though is connect them to charge every month or so to make sure the battery does not die from never being used.