[SOLVED] will i have a good experience in VR with my current PC

helal.djalali070

Prominent
Aug 14, 2018
im thinking about getting the oculus rift S but im unsure if my current PC will be able to give me good frames with decent graphics.
here are my specs:
motherboard: GA-78LMT-USB3
cpu: AMD fx 8350
RAM: ddr3 8gb
graphics card: GTX 1050ti
This PC is a pretty old PC that i upgraded by putting a better graphics card and cpu in hence why the motherboard is very old. im thinking about getting a 1060 with the rift S but im unsure that even with the 1060 i will have decent FPS and good graphics. would be nice to see some feedback to see if i would run VR nice and smoothly with this setup. if not, what i would need to upgrade would be nice. im trying to keep the cost to a minimum.

Solution
You technically meet the minimum specs, but just barely.
Personally, I wouldnt run VR with minimum specs, so in this case you would need a better GPU and processor.

You can give it a shot though, depending on the games you play it should work as a base level VR experience.
Personally, I wouldnt run VR with minimum specs, so in this case you would need a better GPU and processor.

You can give it a shot though, depending on the games you play it should work as a base level VR experience.

Solution

helal.djalali070

Prominent
Aug 14, 2018

i see but would it be ok if i only upgraded my gpu to a 1060 as getting a better cpu would mean getting a new motherboard too and i dont have the costs to do that yet.

im thinking about getting the oculus rift S but im unsure if my current PC will be able to give me good frames with decent graphics.
here are my specs:
motherboard: GA-78LMT-USB3
cpu: AMD fx 8350
RAM: ddr3 8gb
graphics card: GTX 1050ti
This PC is a pretty old PC that i upgraded by putting a better graphics card and cpu in hence why the motherboard is very old. im thinking about getting a 1060 with the rift S but im unsure that even with the 1060 i will have decent FPS and good graphics. would be nice to see some feedback to see if i would run VR nice and smoothly with this setup. if not, what i would need to upgrade would be nice. im trying to keep the cost to a minimum.

1070 will result in considerably less "warp"/re-projections. That CPU is long in the tooth as well. That will have to be updated.

Wolfshadw

Titan
So what specs should be enough for VR to play properly

Look at the recommended specifications for whichever VR unit you're looking at purchasing. That should provide a near flawless experience. Ultimately, to boils down to your budget. If you cannot afford the recommended set up, get as close as you can with your allotted budget (or don't try it at all).

-Wolf sends