Question Will I need to buy SATA cables for my harddisk?

Spirals

Prominent
Mar 8, 2019
I need help to make sure whether I need to buy SATA cables or not.

HDD: Western Digital 1tb 7.2K Blue
Motherboard: B450m-HDV
Power Supply: MWE 450 White 230v - V2, 80+ White

Thanks!

Unless you truly need the 1 TB of space, (and that $105 for a Crucial MX500 in 1 TB size is too much money) I'd sure consider a Crucial MX500 500 GB SSD ($64 on AMazon!) instead, if getting this drive for your main OS and applications.... It's only $10 extra over the WD 1 TB drive, and, the time saved the first week alone will make it worth it... (Heck, the time saved merely installing the OS will make it worth it!)

Spinning drives rival watching paint dry...

If you mainboard has an M.2 NVME slot, the Intel 660P is even faster yet and remarkably affordable...

Spirals

Prominent
Mar 8, 2019
Unless you truly need the 1 TB of space, (and that $105 for a Crucial MX500 in 1 TB size is too much money) I'd sure consider a Crucial MX500 500 GB SSD ($64 on AMazon!) instead, if getting this drive for your main OS and applications.... It's only $10 extra over the WD 1 TB drive, and, the time saved the first week alone will make it worth it... (Heck, the time saved merely installing the OS will make it worth it!)

Spinning drives rival watching paint dry...

If you mainboard has an M.2 NVME slot, the Intel 660P is even faster yet and remarkably affordable...
Sure! I'll take a note of that. I'm now saving more money though.