[SOLVED] Will i really feel the 144Hz with my current rig ?

remos2010

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2013
Hello Guys,
I am willing to buy a new PC Monitor as mine (Samsung SA100) which i bought it like 6 years ago seems to be dying , as when i power on the PC it keeps off for like 4 minutes till i try unplug power cable and plug it on again ,
so i searched and found a 2 good PC Monitors for my budget :
MSI MAG24C & Samsung CFG73 24"

so i was wondering , which one is better ? as both are 144Hz
and will i really feel the 144Hz over games / movies and normal use with my current rig ?
my rig :

CPU : i5-3570
Board: B75.M gigabyte
RAM : G.Skill 2x4 Gb 1600
GPU : GTX 760 Gigabyte
PSW : Seasonic Eco 500
Case : Corsair 550D
HDD :Western Digital (WD) Caviar BLUE WD10EZEX 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 7200 RPM 64MB Cache HDD

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Both those monitors seem to be of roughly similar quality, though you might consult reviews for more details about them.

As for a graphics card upgrade, sure, your CPU is actually still reasonably good, and won't hold current graphics cards back too much in most games. Processors have been a bit slow to improve in recent years, so it's not too far behind the current lower-end quad-cores from Intel and AMD, maybe about 10% or so behind an i3-8100 or Ryzen 2200G in terms of performance. Today's games are usually more graphics-bound than anything, so you could definitely see improvement from a graphics card upgrade.

However, the 1050 Ti would not be a very good choice, since much like those current lower-end processors, it's similar in...

remos2010

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2013

yea i think i will not feel any difference that's why i am asking xD
i am playing most PUBG mobile with emulator , and GTA V and NFS Payback
but i mean , if i currently have for example NFS Payback with 60 FPS maximum and stable at 60 FPS
when i get the 144Hz , will it go automatically over the 60 FPS to higher ?
and which one do you recommend , samsung or msi

yea as you say it's for future , till i upgrade the pc , but which one do you recommend , i also think i will be hating the curved monitor , but it seems to be the only option available xD

SubaruWRX244

Honorable
May 11, 2017

You'll love the curved monitor . 1800R is really good. The curve is minimal! You basically wont notice the curve. Either monitor is great. All personal preference, I like the MSI!

remos2010

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2013

hope so to love it , been using flat all my life xD
if i currently have a game at 60 FPS , when i get the 144Hz , will it go automatically over the 60 FPS and higher ?
i think the only diffrence between the 2 monitors that samsung have Quantum dot technology , what do you think about that ?

I believe both those screens actually use Samsung VA panels, which is why they're rather similar. You might not get much benefit out of the 144Hz refresh rate with your current graphics card in most recent games, but other features of the monitors should make your viewing experience better. VA should offer a much higher contrast ratio with deeper blacks and more vibrant colors than your existing screen.

Do you know exactly which model of SA100 you have? It looks like they might have come in different sizes and resolutions.

remos2010

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2013

Do you recommend Samsung one as it have quantum dots technology? , i am not exactly sure which SA100, but it’s 21.5” i think ,
As my current rig , can I replace the graphics card ? With like GTX 1050 ti ? Or there will be bottleneck issue

Both those monitors seem to be of roughly similar quality, though you might consult reviews for more details about them.

As for a graphics card upgrade, sure, your CPU is actually still reasonably good, and won't hold current graphics cards back too much in most games. Processors have been a bit slow to improve in recent years, so it's not too far behind the current lower-end quad-cores from Intel and AMD, maybe about 10% or so behind an i3-8100 or Ryzen 2200G in terms of performance. Today's games are usually more graphics-bound than anything, so you could definitely see improvement from a graphics card upgrade.

However, the 1050 Ti would not be a very good choice, since much like those current lower-end processors, it's similar in performance to your existing 760. The 1050 Ti came out over two years ago, and it's still priced much like it was at launch. At least in the US, for about the same price you could get a Radeon RX 570 though, which can be around 50% faster, similar to a 1060 3GB. Or pay a bit more for an RX 580 which will be a bit faster still, about on par with a 1060 6GB. AMD is arguably providing better value in the lower-mid-range segment right now, even if their current cards are not as energy efficient under load as Nvidia's current offerings.

If you consider spending more than that, Nvidia's options arguably start to pull ahead of AMD's for the time being. Nvidia has the RTX 2060 coming out in a matter of days, supposedly for $350, though it might be priced a bit higher for a while. It's about on par with a 1070 Ti, but with some new features that could improve visuals and performance in certain future titles. There's also the 1070, which should be priced a bit less. Might your CPU limit performance from those graphics cards? Probably a bit, but they would still likely show notable performance advantages in many games when set to max graphics settings at 1080p. Nvidia and AMD should also both be rolling out a new generation of mid-range to lower-end cards this year, though I don't know what the time frame on those cards might be like.

Solution