[SOLVED] Will i7 4770 bottleneck

Solution
At 1440p and as you crank up in-game settings, you reduce the load on the CPU.

At 1440p/Max(ish) settings, a 4770 should pair well enough* with even a 2070Super, IMO.

*Could you get a couple more frames paired with a stronger CPU? Almost certainly. But you're not going to be hindering the GPU in any substantial way.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Will my i7 4770 non k bottleneck a rtx 2060-2070 and if It does how Big would the bottleneck be
And whatever you do, IGNORE any and all bottleneck calculator sites, as well as anyone who advises you that there's a bottleneck with one CPU and another video card.

Barty is spot-on with this - it all depends on your monitor resolution and refresh rate, and what games you're setting.

Reactions: Archaic59

Slayer16

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2015
And whatever you do, IGNORE any and all bottleneck calculator sites, as well as anyone who advises you that there's a bottleneck with one CPU and another video card.

Barty is spot-on with this - it all depends on your monitor resolution and refresh rate, and what games you're setting.
I’ve got a 1440p 144hz monitor and like to play games at close to max settings minus shadows if need be like in Fortnite

Barty1884

Retired Moderator

At 1440p/Max(ish) settings, a 4770 should pair well enough* with even a 2070Super, IMO.

*Could you get a couple more frames paired with a stronger CPU? Almost certainly. But you're not going to be hindering the GPU in any substantial way.

Solution

Slayer16

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2015

Thanks alot. Fantastic member