[SOLVED] Will Intel i3-3210 bottleneck GTX 960?

Nov 15, 2018
Good day! I’m planning to upgrade my PC soon, and I only have budget for upgrading my GPU and RAM to 8gb from 4. When I have an i3-3210 with a gtx 960 GPU, will I be able to play Dota 2 at max settings? And will my CPU bottleneck my GPU?

Looking to hear from you soon as I am buying it tomorrow. Thanks.

P.S. Decided to get a 960 because I wanted to invest in a good GPU early on.

Solution
Mostly that's a good pairing. Some games are using more than 4 cores and 4 threads these days, so your CPU will not be enough for all the newest games. Meanwhile, the 960 will be able to handle everything that your CPU will run. Some games can use more videocard power than that, but those games usually need more CPU as well so it's kind of a moot point. Dota 2 should be fine because that's not a particularly demanding game.
Mostly that's a good pairing. Some games are using more than 4 cores and 4 threads these days, so your CPU will not be enough for all the newest games. Meanwhile, the 960 will be able to handle everything that your CPU will run. Some games can use more videocard power than that, but those games usually need more CPU as well so it's kind of a moot point. Dota 2 should be fine because that's not a particularly demanding game.

Solution
Nov 15, 2018

Thank you for the quick answer. I’ll be upgrading my CPU in time when I get to save enough for it. But for now, I’ll stick with this set-up because I’ll only be playing Dota. Was just wondering if my CPU could handle this GPU for this particular game at high settings. Lastly, would you know if I can actually run Dota at max settings with this current set-up? Thanks.