Question Will it attempt to post??

Dec 13, 2019
Hello, my comp got fried in a recent power surge. We replaced the power supply (which works on my boyfriend's computer) and the motherboard. I had the Asus Prime z270-a. The new one is the Asus Prime z270-p. It's still not attempting to post. Really my question is specific to this new board. Will this paticular board beep or flash if the cpu isn't working?

I know most boards do but some don't, if the processor is the problem. So this will, hopefully, answer if I need a new cpu or to rna my new board.

Hello, my comp got fried in a recent power surge. We replaced the power supply (which works on my boyfriend's computer) and the motherboard. I had the Asus Prime z270-a. The new one is the Asus Prime z270-p. It's still not attempting to post. Really my question is specific to this new board. Will this paticular board beep or flash if the cpu isn't working?

I know most boards do but some don't, if the processor is the problem. So this will, hopefully, answer if I need a new cpu or to rna my new board.
Read MB manual.

Somewhere, usually in the back/appendix of the manual they have a chart of post, "power on self test" codes newer boards have leds with number/hex codes others just have leds that light or blink.
Hence the "read the manual"
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/PRIME_Z270-A/E12294_PRIME_Z270-A_UM_V2_WEB.pdf

So it looks like all you get is beeps not a lot of help if you have problems.
Hope you have a speaker connected, you want page 2-16
good luck.

Dec 13, 2019
Somewhere, usually in the back/appendix of the manual they have a chart of post, "power on self test" codes newer boards have leds with number/hex codes others just have leds that light or blink.
Hence the "read the manual"
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/PRIME_Z270-A/E12294_PRIME_Z270-A_UM_V2_WEB.pdf

So it looks like all you get is beeps not a lot of help if you have problems.
Hope you have a speaker connected, you want page 2-16
good luck.
Thanks I found out this board does have beeps but no speaker. After some testing with parts from my boyfriends pc we figure out my mobo and power supply were both DOA. I'm irritated and talked him into a full upgrade.