Will it be a gaming beast on ultra settings ?

Jul 24, 2017
CPU - i5 8500 (6 cores and 6 threads)
GPU - Nvidia gtx 1160 (upcoming nivida gpu) [and according to me it would must have 8gb of vram] {GDDR 6}
PSU - Corsair 600 watts (bronze +)
RAM - Hyperx Fury [ 8*2 ]gb (2400mhz) {xmp profile or non xmp profile}
MOBO - GigaByte B360 motherboard
CASE - A good $80 or (4000-4500 ruppes)

And if possible then:-
After Market Cooler - Corsair AIO Water Cooler

Tell me rahter i would be able to play any game on ultra settings on it at 60FPS and at a resolution of 1080p.
And for how many years it would still be a gaming beast not on ultra but must be on high settings. (i mean year. FOR EXAMPLE - 2025 (MY OPENION)}

And if ultra not possible in next 2-3 year then high settings will also be fine.

Thanking All who tried to help me @

It's a silly question. Noone knows what the next lot of GPUs will be from using Volta, a modified volta or a pascal refresh. Games could become a lot more demanding especially with the Xbone X being a beast for the price point and the rumoured PS5.

Also I'd go for an NZXT Kraken over a corsair AIO from what I've read they're better plus they look sexier.

For 1080p and 60fps you most certainly don't need a (yet) unreleased GPU. You can safely go for 1060 6GB, and it will allow that, and most certaily will continue to do so for quite some time. How long, noone can tell for sure. Depends on how developers will use GPU and CPU resources in the near future.

Jul 24, 2017

But i am not building this pc now i will wait till gtx 1160 will come and i also have another reason to wait till that time so i considered that gpu

1060 doesn't max out every game at 1080p

Jul 24, 2017

I know that , so that why i want gtx 1160 and i have an important reason to wait for that time

1160 might just be a 1060 refresh. Wait until somethings actually released instead of rumours or you'd be waiting for Vega to be a 1080Ti killer. Plus the 1060 didn't hit 60 maxed on some games when it launched.

Jul 24, 2017
I am waiting for that my friend and i will be building on only NIVIDA and i will buy that pc on [December 2018] so i am just asking that would u all think ,that will it be a decent build for future proof gaming on high settings till Another NVIDIA Gpu arctitectue come out

You can't future proof a system. When the 970 was due to come out someone will have bought it thinking it would future proof their PC and even though it does hold up really well it's nowhere near maxing out every game at 60. Wait until it comes out then see. A 1070 or 980Ti might be a better bet.

gaborbarla

Distinguished
Hi, It is smart to wait for next gen, because if anything you will get better performance for the same price.
The downside is that you have to wait. I often heavily invest in a new generation early and then sell just before new cards are coming out to recover most of my investment. Then use a spare card to bide my time while next gen ships. This period is often 1 month long if you keep your ears to the ground and watch the rumors. It can be quite painful to use a cheaper card while waiting for the next gen to ship, but it can save you a LOT of money. Right now though I think it is still early and I am also skeptical about how much faster new gen will be than a currently available 1080ti for the same price as the 1080ti.

With all hardware purchase you stand to lose money over time (depreciation of technology). You can curb this with buying just after a new technology was launched and not just before (EOL) End OF Life. If I were you, I would also consider getting a 144Hz monitor. In my opinion games are much better on Medium to High at 144Hz than Ultra on 60Hz. Something to consider. Many games easily go past 60Hz on a 1060 and those frames would now be visible creating a new level of smoothness (which many don't know what they are missing). So for me a 60Hz PC is not even a gaming PC let alone a Beast. (my opinion)

Ultimately you can wait for the next get and you will probably get an 1160 (or could be called 2060) which performs similar to a current 1070 or 1080, but then you have to wait, but you save price difference between a 1060 and a 1070ti.
You other option is the get a cheaper card such a s 1050ti or a second hand GTX 970 now, and sell that just before the volta cards are available, then you can still play now and not lose so much money as if you bought a 1060 or 1070 now.

My opinion with a pinch of salt, hope this helps.
Gabor

Nobody will know and can know. December is a long way off, and to predict now is stupidity.

8500 is powerful, and if you can, go for 3000Mhz RAM.

Your PSU needs to be better definitely.

When the new GPU comes out, see the performance difference and then you can gauge whether the new cards are worth it.

MERGED QUESTION
Question from sachin kumar pragapatii : "Will it be a gaming beast on ultra settings ?"

About the powersupply, I don't recommend the cx 600 cuz it's not good performance wise. The cx 450/550 cxm 450/550 are the newer models and are considerably better.

So if you are decided on Intel, check how much more the 8600 costs over the 8400. Try to get the max out of the locked cpu. If it's an overclockable cpu, u can squeeze 1 more year of gaming fps by tweaking a 100-150mhz more in oc. So you are missing out on that.

Not to mention that I have lost faith in Intel to support the b360 chipset for the next gen cpu. So expect limited upgradability.

I'd say an EVGA G model would be better.