Question Will it be alright if i tape my ssd to the side of my case?

Jan 10, 2019
i have a pretty old pc its a hp 8200 elite sff desktop pc. its running windows on a wd hdd with all its files and its pretty slow yet its the only pc i have. im going to be getting a ssd so it can much faster, its a crucial mx500 and im wondering if it would be ok to tape my ssd to the side of my case using some velcro tape since theres no moving parts in an sdd.

Sgt_Sykes

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013
Yes but don't tape it to a spot that's hot, like where power supply is. I'd also rather not use tape since it works as heat isolation and may increase the temperature of the drive (yes it's SSD but still).

Can't you just leave it inside the case somewhere? My SSD is just idly lying in space for a floppy where there's still some air flow from the intake fan.

Reactions: sahilchauhandd
May 25, 2018
Yes but don't tape it to a spot that's hot, like where power supply is. I'd also rather not use tape since it works as heat isolation and may increase the temperature of the drive (yes it's SSD but still).

Can't you just leave it inside the case somewhere? My SSD is just idly lying in space for a floppy where there's still some air flow from the intake fan.
Its an old pc so I think it shouldn't get that much heated to damage an ssd.