[SOLVED] Will it cost more if I bought my new gaming PC parts from a store?

HyperBeat

Reputable
Mar 1, 2019
Hello, I wanna buy an gaming PC, from a store near me, will it cost a lot? lets say its 500$ how much would it cost in the store.

Note: I'll not buy an PC that is already build, I'll build my own.

Solution
Yeah, I undestand, you can get stuff here for less price, but I don't have an creditcard,
That is not a problem at all, at least here in the U.S., I don't know where u posting from. Here people buy pre-paid Debit Cards with cash, and they are used just like a CC, as long as it has a VISA logo on it.

Even if you are not able to purchase online, that website everybody is giving you, provides you an idea what they are asking$ out there, if ur so curious.

Nobody can tell you which one is cheaper. Logic dictates online should be cheaper since they don't have a brick&mortal to maintain but hey, the store may have a surplus of certain items and you could get lucky.

BTW, I don't recommend you buy stuff piece-meal, 'cuz u want to...

HyperBeat

Reputable
Mar 1, 2019
Well if u browse the many posts here, people go to this PartList blah-blah, not only will it tell you whether the parts selected most likely will fit, but give you links who's selling the cheapest. Can't be easier than that.
When buying anywhere you have to do some comparative shopping.

Yeah, I undestand, you can get stuff here for less price, but I don't have an creditcard, and yes I am not 18 years old yet.

I've been waiting to build my own PC a lot! or getting an new PC.

Thats why I am asking if the prices will be really different from the store.

Yeah, I undestand, you can get stuff here for less price, but I don't have an creditcard,
That is not a problem at all, at least here in the U.S., I don't know where u posting from. Here people buy pre-paid Debit Cards with cash, and they are used just like a CC, as long as it has a VISA logo on it.

Even if you are not able to purchase online, that website everybody is giving you, provides you an idea what they are asking$ out there, if ur so curious.

Nobody can tell you which one is cheaper. Logic dictates online should be cheaper since they don't have a brick&mortal to maintain but hey, the store may have a surplus of certain items and you could get lucky.

BTW, I don't recommend you buy stuff piece-meal, 'cuz u want to test things out before the return-no-question-asked period expires. After that, major hassle.

Reactions: DMAN999
Solution
Sometimes you can find last gen midrage on sale at entry level prices. the premades are generally higher.

With gaming I'd recommend checking your cpu/gpu combo on gpucheck low settings (competitive games generally always on low&1080p). For that budget you want to aim for 1080p 60hz monitor / 60fps. the GTX 1650 can hit 60 in a lot of games. I think the 1660 has one of the best fps/$ on there. with competitive games you only need more frames if you plan on getting a higher refresh rate monitor. With eye candy games you are lucky to get 60fps in anything after you max a bunch of stuff or go for 1440p or 4k.

A handful of games can run well on igpu like LoL. dota2 doesn't need a powerful computer or windows. So if you only want to play LoL you can build a really cheap pc. Just make sure you are comfortably over the target fps you want before you buy.

Depends on where he lives.
I myself feel lucky to live in Denver.
So Micro Center is about 25 miles from me.
They drop 30 bucks off the mobo price when a qualifying cpu is purchased at the same time and price match online competition.
Right now i can get the r5 2600x for $139.00 and the Asus prime b450 for $69.99 when purchased together in store ONLY. That is 1 down fall for there business and potential buyers. (In store only)

Here in the UK we have a very good chain of stores called CEX. They are a second hand buyer/seller hardware store, but if you are buying current gen hardware it will be less than the price of a brand new one, but seeming as it is current it won't likely be too heavily used. I'd consider just shopping around, as suggested above, but also consider the suggested pre-paid cards.